Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
What does the new app look like on Apple app store? Do we have to get the new app, set it up? Do we use the same email and password we do for In Control? New name too? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have Jaguar Remote, but it doesn’t look like that.

OK, I see there is an updated version whose icon looks identical. It is a nicer app.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Jaguar Remote, but it doesn’t look like that.
You probable have Jaguar InControl Remote installed, the app icon is just limited to say Jaguar Remote. Here’s a picture of the two app icons side by side. The one on the left is the new Jaguar Remote, the right is Jaguar InControl Remote.

They are separate apps on the App Store. The old InControl Remote is version 1.8 the new Jaguar Remote is version 2.3.2.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks usarcher, I just applied the Android update, went from v1.8.0 to v 2.1.0.

That is weird I have both versions on my phone too.

This update is also available in Australia.

It looks like they made an effort on this version, it is much improved.

WattCat also has an update today, v 1.3.6.

Cheers, Steve

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Thanks usarcher. I got the new Jaguar Remote. I now have both. Is it ok to have and run both on my iPhone?

The "old" version updated right away when I opened it, whereas the new version got all my info quickly, but won't stop spinning saying "updating".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see why it would be an issue to keep both as they are technically separate apps. I do have the same non-stop spinning in the new app even after it changes to say 'last updated now.' Probably just a glitch in their programing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I guess the question to ask is what are the advantages of one over the other. Both give much the same info although the newer app gives you the # of miles added per hour during charging at the current charge rate. The older app gives you the charge % added by hour. The newer app is more modern in appearance. For me I'm not sure I'll keep the old app as I don't see any advantages over the newer one.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
Just installed the new version on an android. Looks different - same features essentially, just looks more modern.
No issues with having old and new both on phone, can switch back and forth if needed.
While the home screen for the new is attractive, if I loved the montain/desert region I might live there. How about a more classy option featuring a Jag? Or maybe uploading a personal shot of kitty?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I don't see why it would be an issue to keep both as they are technically separate apps.
I think both new and old Jaguar Remotes are "working/running" together and are not separate at all. I added a Wakeup Timer for my I-Pace on the new app, and it immediately showed up on the old app. Anything I do on either app, right away mirrors the other app.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think both new and old Jaguar Remotes are "working/running" together and are not separate at all. I added a Wakeup Timer for my I-Pace on the new app, and it immediately showed up on the old app. Anything I do on either app, right away mirrors the other app.
Which makes me wonder, why keep the old one?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Which makes me wonder, why keep the old one?
I have both, since I just got the new version last night, and I want to make sure it continues to work.

Also, the wake up timer function is MUCH easier on the old app, compared to the new app. The new app it is kind of hidden in the cog wheel settings.
I also think the Climate button on the old app looks better and is more intuitive. I am playing with both.

I am stumped WHY does Jaguar have both up and running? The new version, should just be an update to the old app. BMW, Mercedes, Tesla....1 app!

·
Registered
140 Posts
yep, randomly found this about three days ago. Seems like the newer app is just a GUI refresh of the older app. Is there any functionality difference at all?

·
Registered
448 Posts
A quick look at the Android version, there are new features and some missing old features.

The missing features are the ability to delete journeys, set a charging period (unless this will appear when I connect it to a charger), and set a departure time.

New features are notifications that you can turn on, turn on/off analytics info being sent to Jaguar, a guardian/service mode

1 - 18 of 18 Posts