Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just got my Ipace last week and I am loving it. I live in the US. I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of technology in the car and what requires a paid subscription to use. I don't care for Sirius radio, but I would like to know how to view the car status, active car components remotely, use GPS navigation with current conditions, and use security features such as vehicle locator. I am assuming they are part of "InControl." But are these features free? If not, how much do they cost. Currently I have ATT for my cell phone and notice they have some $20 a month subscription for "InControl" but I don't know what this covers.

Thank you all so much!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hello everyone, I just got my Ipace last week and I am loving it. I live in the US. I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of technology in the car and what requires a paid subscription to use. I don't care for Sirius radio, but I would like to know how to view the car status, active car components remotely, use GPS navigation with current conditions, and use security features such as vehicle locator. I am assuming they are part of "InControl." But are these features free? If not, how much do they cost. Currently I have ATT for my cell phone and notice they have some $20 a month subscription for "InControl" but I don't know what this covers.

Thank you all so much!
Welcome Ipace Mob and congratulations on being a new owner! The InControl Remote app is free and will handle most of the things you are asking about. It's useful for seeing the state of charge, vehicle location, doors locked, car alarmed, preconditioning the interior, etc.

There is also a free aftermarket app called WattCat that has many of the same features and the ability to see how many kWh are in the main traction battery plus other useful tools not in the InControl Remote.

For navigation I use the onboard nav but many others use Waze or others through Car Play or Android Auto - also free.

The one item that costs after a free 90 day trial is the AT&T sim card, located in the cubby, that allows you to access the internet, have a hotspot or have live traffic data fed into the car's navigation. I like the live traffic so I pay $15 a month but other owners ditch the sim card and use their phones.

Hope this helps a little. Again, congratulations!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts

Thank you all so much!
Welcome. You don't need to be a techie to enjoy this choice. The simple answer to your question - the AT&T acct gives you live weather, live news, internet access, and a wifi hub for passengers. Everything else (except sat radio) comes with the car including live traffic and SOTA.
I got a special deal at $10/month and rarely use the AT&T acct.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
185 Posts
Welcome. You don't need to be a techie to enjoy this choice. The simple answer to your question - the AT&T acct gives you live weather, live news, internet access, and a wifi hub for passengers. Everything else (except sat radio) comes with the car including live traffic and SOTA.
I got a special deal at $10/month and rarely use the AT&T acct.
Is the AT&T account required or can a different provider be used? Verizon, Sprint, etc.

·
Registered
570 Posts
InControl Pro services are included with the car for 10 years.
InControl Remote is included for 5 years.

Download the version 2 of the Jaguar Remote app. Select Subscriptions. It will show the expiration dates of these for your car and explain what they are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Ipace Mob and congratulations on being a new owner! The InControl Remote app is free and will handle most of the things you are asking about. It's useful for seeing the state of charge, vehicle location, doors locked, car alarmed, preconditioning the interior, etc.

There is also a free aftermarket app called WattCat that has many of the same features and the ability to see how many kWh are in the main traction battery plus other useful tools not in the InControl Remote.

For navigation I use the onboard nav but many others use Waze or others through Car Play or Android Auto - also free.

The one item that costs after a free 90 day trial is the AT&T sim card, located in the cubby, that allows you to access the internet, have a hotspot or have live traffic data fed into the car's navigation. I like the live traffic so I pay $15 a month but other owners ditch the sim card and use their phones.

Hope this helps a little. Again, congratulations!
Thanks! Could you clarify: So I can basically ditch the SIM card that is next to the two USB ports? Also how does the car transmit this information to the app without me signing up for an internet connection?

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
There are two SIM cards. One (which you can't access) that transmits car-essential information and another (the one in the center console) that's for infotainment. I ditched my center console SIM as soon as I got the car because I use my phone for all infotainment, traffic, etc functionalities.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
274 Posts
You still need the SIM to have live traffic (unless you use your phone as a hotspot), however it continues to work regardless of paying AT&T.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You still need the SIM to have live traffic (unless you use your phone as a hotspot), however it continues to work regardless of paying AT&T.
Thanks so much for the help. I am able to log into Jaguar Remote but I cannot log into Jaguar Route on my iPhone and also Navigation in the car, though my email and password should be the same as Jaguar Remote. Is there something else I should be doing?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks so much for the help. I am able to log into Jaguar Remote but I cannot log into Jaguar Route on my iPhone and also Navigation in the car, though my email and password should be the same as Jaguar Remote. Is there something else I should be doing?
I think the Jaguar server is having problems and your inability to login is related to the recent spate of "data limit reached" errors that many are seeing.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
274 Posts
The account for Jaguar Remote is separate from Jaguar Route / Navigation. The Navigation account is actually on Here's servers, so it might not have been setup correctly yet. Many people have had issues getting that up and running correctly when they first buy the car. :(

·
Registered
570 Posts
It also took about a day after establishing the account at here.com for Jaguar navigation/route and being able to use it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It also took about a day after establishing the account at here.com for Jaguar navigation/route and being able to use it.
I just got my new I pace yesterday and created the HERE account this morning. I'm getting the "There was a problem on our end" error when logging in from the car Nav. The login works fine from my phone or PC.

Are you saying that I'm best off trying to login from the car tomorrow (after at least a full day)? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
There have also been reports of the car having problems connecting to accounts when the password used is fairly complex or uses more unusual special characters. What those are specifically I have no idea or if this correct or not I do not know... but if you continue to have problems it is something you can consider. The only special character in my password for the Jaguar accounts is an @

1 - 16 of 16 Posts