Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I’m a first timer and a 2019 IPace owner. I have questions about the rapid charging with the iPace. I have the typical 220 Chargepoint in my garage. If I decide to do a long trip will I need an adapter for a rapid charge?

Also does anyone make a portable charger?

Regards

Kyle

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
977 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

No adapter needed for fast charging. You just need to pull the plug off the lower power connections and let it hang. Open up the charge port door and you'll see the plug just below the socket used by the home charger. Fast charging is defined as using a CCS connector. Use built-in navigation, or Plugshare, ChargePoint, EVgo, Electrify America, etc., phone apps (better at filtering types of connectors) to locate them along your journey.

There is a portable charger on the market. It is bulky and cost thousands. Not worth it unless you plan to go off into the backwoods somewhere and might need to charge to back out of the woods. It would be cheaper to have a petrol powered generator (equally bulky) and take along a plug-in wall charger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

No adapter needed for fast charging. You just need to pull the plug off the lower power connections and let it hang. Open up the charge port door and you'll see the plug just below the socket used by the home charger. Fast charging is defined as using a CCS connector. Use built-in navigation, or Plugshare, ChargePoint, EVgo, Electrify America, etc., phone apps (better at filtering types of connectors) to locate them along your journey.

There is a portable charger on the market. It is bulky and cost thousands. Not worth it unless you plan to go off into the backwoods somewhere and might need to charge to back out of the woods. It would be cheaper to have a petrol powered generator (equally bulky) and take along a plug-in wall charger.
Thank you so very much Ayepace. I’m grateful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts