Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like JLR is listening on the importance of SOTA for the new era of buyers:

http://tracking.jaguarusa.com/t/gfH1AAgbDeF3ChQCSMo4XaBJWhaEdDID-maaaaEdBO-TN-8aaBJWhEd?n=jUtVubsYx~25y6asUof.iis~amp;X=jUtVubsYx~25y6asUof.iis~amp;Z=jUtVubsYx~25y6asUof.iis~amp;f=Hyj~amp;r=~amp;x=~23

* Vehicles eligible for an infotainment system update will have software version 18B or above. You can check what software version your infotainment system is through the Settings menu, within the Software Update section. The version of the infotainment system will be displayed as a long string of characters, e.g. ‘S18B_18.25.3-174880’.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I received that email this morning as well. I'm currently on 19A. Looking forward to the update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm on S19B_19.35.5-418001 right now. The update on 10/21 could be S19B_19.40.4-436082 which has some minor fixes to S19B_19.35.5-418001.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well let's see what it fixes (and what it breaks). Im on S19B and only things that really still bother me are the disappearing profiles and that CarPlay still will not "work" when plugged in (although more rare now). Honestly everything else at 19B is more that good enough.

Oh and HUD really needs to dim with everything else when you use the interior lighting dimming control. That is a big oversight.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on S19B_19.35.5-418001 right now. The update on 10/21 could be S19B_19.40.4-436082 which has some minor fixes to S19B_19.35.5-418001.
The letter in the version (i.e. ‘B’) indicates the quarter the update was developed for release, so I would expect it will be 19D. I suppose it could be 19C and they are a bit behind, which is what happened with 19B.

·
Registered
539 Posts
With the last 19B update, I have no trouble with CarPlay (iOS 13.1.3 iPhone Pro Max). The bug that still remains as far as I know is the system voice still reverts to American Female coming out of the speakers, even though the selected system voice is UK Male (or UK Female, or American Male). I have to make a reselection in order to get the voice I want. What were fixed were the navigation shut off in the instrument panel and the blank EV panel in the customized dashboard.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have had one time so far when CarPlay did not start up until the car was turned off and on. I have an iPhone XS Max and iOS 13.13 also. This is much better than 18D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve only had the car for 2 weeks but 19b here and CarPlay has performed flawlessly. Any chance an update could bring CarPlay via Bluetooth? That would be a huge enhancement...

·
Registered
521 Posts
So October 21 ALL our vehicles will be fully enabled to get the self update?
So far the dealer had to unlock the SOTA and push something through right?

I don't have the email.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So October 21 ALL our vehicles will be fully enabled to get the self update?
So far the dealer had to unlock the SOTA and push something through right?

I don't have the email.
The link will bring you to the webpage version of the email.

Bottom line, if you have >18B and the dealer has enabled SOTA for your car and your car has an internet connection (ATT sim or WiFi) you should get SOTA...that’s how it is supposed to work anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bottom line, if you have >18B and the dealer has enabled SOTA for your car and your car has an internet connection (ATT sim or WiFi) you should get SOTA...that’s how it is supposed to work anyway.
I had the update notice in the past, but we were driving one day when it popped up if to install now or later. My wife hit the postpone. Well it did not pop up again. But emailed my service advisor and he did something on the system after which it showed up as available to download again. So just toggling the updates on or off in the infotainment system might not get some the update without the service team flipping the switch.

·
Super Moderator
1,578 Posts
I had the update notice in the past, but we were driving one day when it popped up if to install now or later. My wife hit the postpone. Well it did not pop up again. But emailed my service advisor and he did something on the system after which it showed up as available to download again. So just toggling the updates on or off in the infotainment system might not get some the update without the service team flipping the switch.
Aaaaaahhhh ... Tata software engineering ... >sigh<

·
Registered
170 Posts
Latest update showed up. So I want ahead and downloaded S19B_19.40.4-436082.
Can't say anything good or bad as have not yet tested.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Latest update showed up. So I want ahead and downloaded S19B_19.40.4-436082.
Can't say anything good or bad as have not yet tested.[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/img]
That is the version @waja predicted. Based on the announcement, I certainly expected a major release, not a patch.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well for people still on 18b or 18d this still is a major release, no?
That’s one way took at it...I’m on 19A, and the car reports it is all updated...it appears JLR doesn’t have the SOTA quite figured out yet

·
Registered
521 Posts
No update for me. 18D and 14.2

Selections were 'updates on' and 'updates unlocked'

Have not had any dealer contact to enable anything. Is that still really necessary?

Frustrating that I have to re enter the wifi passcode every time.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine updated without incident this morning. Haven't driven since so no comment - except I hope Creep will now stay. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well if anyone sees an update from one version of 19B to the newer version please post. Mine is not showing anything is available (I am on the earlier 19B).

1 - 20 of 57 Posts