Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Recently purchased this wonderful car and I'm very happy to now be a devoted I-Pace fanboy. This is a 2019 SE which had come in off lease with 19,000 miles. Could not be happier with this amazing car. I had never seen one, and never even considered buying one until the day before I bought it. I had looked at the Polestar 2, the EV6, and had a reservation on a Fisker Ocean. The Ocean wasn't going to arrive until mid-'24 and I needed a car sooner than that. So now my son is driving my BMW i3 and I upgraded to this one. I've added tint to the front windows to avoid the south Florida sun, but otherwise I can't think of any improvements. My first road trip is this weekend with a run down to Key West. It's 180 miles and I'm hoping I won't have to charge on the way.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
369 Posts
Welcome from another Florida I Pace owner!

I also tinted the front windows.

You should get to KW fine. There is one set of Electrify America chargers at a Bank of America if you don't have a handy destination charger at a hotel.

Reactions: SoFloJag

· Registered
519 Posts
Welcome!
At freeway speeds you might consider a quick rest stop at a fast charger, especially if you haven't tried one yet. Depends on how comfortable you are at pushing the envelope of a new car, to you! Secrets of using fast chargers with the I-Pace exist. Do not use your remote key while charging. Use the little buttons on the door handles. You can start the car while charging using only the start button. When you are done charging, use your phone to stop the charger, then use your remote unlock button and depress it 3 times, listening for the plug mechanism to release. Good luck!

· Registered
1,943 Posts
I had looked at the Polestar 2, the EV6, and had a reservation on a Fisker Ocean.
You made the right choice. The Polestar is an Ikea with blood on it. The EV6 will likely suck after 20k miles of owning it; most Korean cars do. The Fisker? I mean, he managed to make a car before, but it was a terrible car. He's a great designer but not a great carmaker.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
You made the right choice. The Polestar is an Ikea with blood on it. The EV6 will likely suck after 20k miles of owning it; most Korean cars do. The Fisker? I mean, he managed to make a car before, but it was a terrible car. He's a great designer but not a great carmaker.
Well, the Fisker Ocean is being made st the same plant as the I-pace.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Magna Steyr is building the Fisker Ocean and I believe it will be a nice car. Not the level of luxury of the I-Pace but not at the same price point either.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
There is an Electrify America site at Key Largo too. It's about 100 miles between the two keys. A stop at Key Largo going, a charge at Key West, and another stop at Key Largo on the way back should give plenty peace of mind. They do not have to be full charge stops but stops to ensure you have plenty of charge to get to the next point with plenty to spare.

· Registered
369 Posts
Not to argue with the voices of reason, but in terms of temps and speed, this should not be a trip that stresses the range.

For those you who have not made this drive, there probably won't be much of an opportunity to drop the hammer, but it is lovely:
Water Natural landscape Coastal and oceanic landforms Landscape Spit

The only caveat is some rain is predicted and a wet road will cause the range to drop. But it looks like you'll have a tail wind on the way down.

Having said that, do what makes you comfortable. Even 20 minutes on a combo charger in KL will give you plenty of buffer if you are starting each leg with a full charge. I'm an old hyper miler and the idea of making the trip in one shot and using a free destination charger is more appealing to me that most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts