Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most First Edition members know, our tire choices are quite limited for the 22” wheels. I had an alignment issue that chewed up the front wheels so I had a decision to make:

— Replace my tires with the same summer-only Pirelli P-Zeros and use my Ram 1500 as my ‘snow tires’

— Replace my P-Zeros and then buy a second set of rims and put on snow tires

— Use a slightly larger size tire on the 22” rim to open up more brands to be considered.

After meeting a nice forum member who had an extra set of 22” 5069 Rims and Tires I decided to buy those from him as the tires were in great shape. This allows me to have a proper set of wheels and original rubber in case my experiment went poorly. So now I had two full sets of 22” 5069 with Pirelli P-Zeros so I wasn’t any farther ahead.

I shopped around looking for tires in the 265/40R22 instead of the factory 255/40R22. I found these ones I had never heard of before—Sailun Atrezzo SVR. Apparently they are made in Korea.

The reason why I went with this tire is that they were only $188 ea instead of around $600 ea for the P-Zeros. My biggest concern was that they would be noisy, rough or too inefficient on the highway. So far they aren’t too noisy although I wish I could have transferred the foam noise inserts from the original tire into these ones. They make a slight ‘ping’ noise sort of like when you bounce a yoga ball when hitting cracks in the pavement. Nothing too noticeable however the P-Zeros didn’t sound like that. Took if for a couple hundred km run and there isn’t a noticeable decrease in range although it is too soon to say for sure.

I figure better to take a range hit than a wallet hit!

Anyhow, they look nice and suit the car well. There appears to be lots of tread so they should be good for this winter. I should have mentioned that I went with an all-season instead of a full snow tire. I don’t think the slight difference in diameter should affect things too much but only time will tell.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think the majority of the noise problems I had with my Ford electric was finding a tire that handled and didn't make much noise when they got worn down. The Ford was much quieter than the Jag, (with the Jag's planetary gear sets) so having a quiet tire was more of a concern. The Jag's gear whine probably helps hide some of the tire noise. Of course it takes a while to get to that worn down tire. My Jag has the most accurate speedometer I have ever had. Changing tire size will affect that accuracy. It looks to be about 0.7 mph error difference at 67mph. Not bad. 255 = 671.9 rev/mile, 265 = 664.9 rev/mile

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice find!

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus all-seasons in 265/40R22 in rainy Seattle. They fit, but it was close with (~1cm) clearance from the suspension components. A little noisier than summer tires, but not objectionable. They perform well in spirited driving and do not hydroplane easily.

The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is available and should also fit. I would LOVE to try the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus tires at some point. (They were not available at the time.) I have them on my other cars and they have gotten me out of places I really should have been stuck in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those look great, though I have never heard of them. With the advent of the Mach-E, another option has arisen from Continental who now makes tires in our stock 22" size and load range. About $1100 for a set vs the $1500 for the Pirelli P Zero, though you may loose some tire performance points (Grand Touring Summer vs Max Performance Summer).

I installed a set last month to try them out. Will report back after some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts