Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2019 Fuji white mars red interior I Pace from Jaguar Mission Viejo where they have $25k off MSRP, could not pass up that kind of deal :).

Currently has 18 inch rims but want to upgrade to factory black 20 inch rims, 5 spoke gloss black, T4K3898, but I have two questions I am hoping the forum can help answer:

1. Will upgrading to 20s decrease efficiency/mileage? I've read in other forums it does not impact and others said it "would". Does anyone on here have any real world experience on this?

2. If I upgrade to 20, do I need to have the computer/speedometer recalibrated for the bigger size rims and tires?

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
I love the Mars red! My first one had those.
Larger wheels affect efficiency a little because they're a few pounds heavier and there is more weight further away from the axle, requiring more energy to accelerate. I think most people here feel it's negligible or a fine compromise in favor of better looks. Overall tire diameter is the same (because you fit tires that have shorter side walls that make up for the increased wheel diameter).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the Mars red! My first one had those.
Larger wheels affect efficiency a little because they're a few pounds heavier and there is more weight further away from the axle, requiring more energy to accelerate. I think most people here feel it's negligible or a fine compromise in favor of better looks. Overall tire diameter is the same (because you fit tires that have shorter side walls that make up for the increased wheel diameter).
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the 20's you are wanting and drive about 50 miles per day round trip. My actual miles per complete charge have been averaging around 250 to 260 after the H264 update. So I really do not think going from 18 to 20 makes a huge difference, except for the looks, the 20 inch rims to me complete the car.

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
Congratulations. LOVE the red leather. I wanted silver with red interior so badly, but we could just not find it. Looks amazing. I have 20" wheels on my HSE and range varies from 200 up to 250, depending on ambient temperature and heaviness of right foot ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my new 2019 Fuji white mars red interior I Pace from Jaguar Mission Viejo where they have $25k off MSRP, could not pass up that kind of deal :).

Currently has 18 inch rims but want to upgrade to factory black 20 inch rims, 5 spoke gloss black, T4K3898, but I have two questions I am hoping the forum can help answer:

1. Will upgrading to 20s decrease efficiency/mileage? I've read in other forums it does not impact and others said it "would". Does anyone on here have any real world experience on this?

2. If I upgrade to 20, do I need to have the computer/speedometer recalibrated for the bigger size rims and tires?

View attachment 3959

View attachment 3960
Hi,
I am same boat as you. I put a deposit down on a new grey 2019 S with some upgrades like heads up. Lift gate, Mars red, carbon fiber package and the gloss black 20” wheels. 24k off MSRP.

In line for a Tesla Model Y but if you follow the forums, major issues. leaky roof, panel misaligned, etc. Plus their customer service is horrendous.

A little nervous but my last BEV was an I3. Aside from the range it was a solid car

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
I also got mine from Mission Viejo! I got the last 2019 they had. Thanks for mentioning them in your thread, they were the best dealer amongst the 6-7 ones I called and visited in SoCal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts