Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow. Nice

Which lowering links did you use? There are a couple that people have looked into. But dcdrive seems to be what most people are using.

love the 24s to look at. But I worry about ride quality. Have you noticed a big difference with the lowering and rims?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
used the links that dedrive offers. The ride on normal roads/freeways isn't too much different. I live in Washington, usa and the roads are pretty decent most of the time. Road noise seems about the same as my 20s also. I am used to low profile tires and looking out for potholes and hazards when driving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am literally looking at new wheels options right this second. Black wheels at that. I freaking love this, and great choice on those wheels. Also thank you for validating that wheels that large will fit.

Can you share any details about impacts on range?
Can you share the offset, size, weight, tire size details?
Have you encountered any rubbing or other issues due to size?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The lowering links have the same connectors on them, front and back, but are just different sizes, right? I'm thinking of swapping mine front to back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I dont know about the impact on range yet. I will probably need about a week to see how much of a difference if any. The rims are Blaque Diamond BD-F25 24 x 9 with a +35 offset. I am using a 275/30/24 tire. It has a 110 weight index so it has no problem holding the weight. (DELINTE® 841623101336 - DESERT STORM D8 PLUS (275/30R24 W))

The new set of rim/tire weighs 71 pounds each compared to the stock 20in set that weighs 63 pounds. The new set is aprox .5in taller (aprox 1.5% larger) in diameter than the 22in set or aprox 1in taller than the 20in set (aprox 3% larger). Being within 3% of stock is still considered negligible. Havnt noticed any other issues such as rubbing or anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The lowering links have the same connectors on them, front and back, but are just different sizes, right? I'm thinking of swapping mine front to back.
Stock links are the same length front and back. They do all have the same connector.

Lowering links are longer than stock in the front, and shorter than stock in the rear.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I dont know about the impact on range yet. I will need probably about a week to see how much of a difference if any. The rims are Blaque Diamond BD-F25 24 x 9 with a +35 offset. I am using a 275/30/24 tire. It has a 110 weight index so it has no problem holding the weight. (DELINTE® 841623101336 - DESERT STORM D8 PLUS (275/30R24 W))

The new set of rim/tire weighs 71 pounds each compared to the stock 20in set that weighs 63 pounds. The new set is aprox .5in taller (aprox 1.5% larger) in diameter than the 22in set or aprox 1in taller than the 20in set (aprox 3% larger). Being within 3% of stock is still considered negligible. Havnt noticed any other issues such as rubbing or anything.
Ok cool. I could tell those looked like Blaque Diamond or Gianelle wheels. I saw that model right before your reply. I have been looking at the BD-11 model.

The stock 22" wheels are 72lbs with tires, so unless the wider track is an issue then consumption should be similar to those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
24 x 9 are going to weigh a lot and essentially ruin the driving experience.
The stock 22" wheels are 72lbs with tires, so unless the wider track is an issue then consumption should be similar to those.
If the stock 22's weigh 72lb, it looks like my 24's are lighter at 71lb's.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think moving the metal further out to the edge will still have a negative impact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after driving it for a week or so I havnt noticed much of a range impact. Maybe a 1/2 mile per 20 miles is about it, but because the tires are about 3% larger than the stock set, I am probably getting about the same since the new set is a slight bit larger in radius it will do less miles due to less revolutions.

The huge surprise is the ride quality. I have been using low profile tires for over 20 years on various sport cars and suvs and I have never gotten a BETTER ride than the stock tire set before untill now. It is a smoother and less jarring ride over the small bumps and bad concrete patches. My wife rode with me this weekend and said out of the blue how much better the ride quality is than her stock audi Q7. It also better than my dads lincoln mk5 which i borrowed a couple days ago. The main rode leading from my neighborhood is a construction zone right now where there is numerous metal plates and tore up and patched spots on the rode so I am getting a good idea of the ride quality. I donbt have an explanation for this other than the tires have a weight index of 110xl and also specifically made for suv and heavier vehicles compared to the 103 of the stock set. Maybe the air shocks are being over aggressive since there is more bumps due to the low profile tires? Not sure.

I have noticed it has taken almost all of the squirliness out of accelerating quickly and when you go over bumps on corners it doesnt float any more and feels much more secure/sure footed. I hope this helps anyone who was curious.

·
Registered
166 Posts
a 30% aspect ratio is not a lot. That shit is gonna ride rough. My old volvo XC90 had a 35% aspect ratio for 22" wheels and NEVER AGAIN.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts