Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Forum - my wife and I just scored a crazy deal on an I-Pace S from BMC in SF.
Only regrets are the unfortunately stock wheels, but so far so good on everything else.
VERY interested in hearing form other urban-dwellers on best mix of settings, configuration, and charging.
Look forward to interacting on this board, which has been a wealth of info so far.

Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
Welcome to the club 馃嵒 I originally had an I-Pace on order with BMC before they were released, but walked away from it once it arrived and they offered me atrocious lease terms.
Curious if you're willing to share the details of the deal that you got? I ended up buying from Niello after shopping the area pretty heavily in June, and scored a $12,500 discount on an $83k MSRP 2020 SE in addition to 0% financing.

Registered
2020 iPace SE
Congrats and welcome! Great backdrop, sadly our conference this year was cancelled and so was our annual pilgrimage to SF. Hope you are doing well with the fires.

The stock wheels offer tremendous benefit, more sidewall certainly improve ride and range compared to the larger whee sizes. Also, less likely to destroy the wheels and suspsension. Moreover, you can do some soft off roaring on the trails with less care. For aesthetics, consider a simple powder coat or save them for winter dedicated tire!

Yes lease deals are great now! And my sister in law has been driving our iPace for a few weeks now and will be going to the dealer to pick up her own!

Registered
Yippee! Welcome to the very tiny SF I-Pace club. My I-Pace was also purchased from BMC SF. I use a ChargePoint 220v home charger on PGE鈥檚 EV2-A TOU plan. Be sure to claim your PGE, CA, and Fed rebates.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

@Brendon, I'm the guy who tried to buy your rims on ebay - prior to joining this forum. Think I actually agree with @Benbo and @Groshyubcha after a day of....spirited...driving on the Sonoma coast yesterday, including some off road shenanigans. Perhaps a powdercoat is in order... tbd.

@squishball I registered for PGE and CA benefits, but on a lease the fed incentive was included in the price, I believe. Anything I'm missing?

Regarding the deal, don't want to create any hurt feelings BUT:
-we were set to lease a fully loaded Subaru Outback Touring XT as our 'adventure-mobile' with 36/10k/$0 down for about $455/mo.
-BMC had a popup ad for this car that BEAT the Subaru deal with exception of about $750 in down payment money. Unbelievable as it sounds. I wanted an i-pace forever and had given up, threw a digital "hail mary" before going to buy the Subie. Dealer says they have had issues with their own IT getting the ad to splash on the homepage, and I couldn't recreate it when trying. Dumb luck?

The backstory is that BMC purchased 15-20 surplus ipace's from JLR NA at a steep discount, has sold/leased all but 5 as of earlier this week. This car was the 'advertised special' meant to get folks in and upgrade to a more well optioned S, SE or one HSE in the deal. However...when I looked at the sticker the ONLY options this didn't have from each of the other eligible cars in the S trim was power lift gate and rims. So for extra $150 or so per month didn't think worth it.

Hope didn't share too much!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like a great deal. Try it for three years and then decide if it is worth the residual. That is my plan. Is it a 2019?
Honestly, probably not. Tech advancing so fast in this space that I can't wait to see what 2023 brings us. The car is a '20.
Have test drive with the Polestar 2 that I canceled, but they're in SF now and will come to you, so I am looking to set up just for comparion pt.

Registered
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

@Brendon, I'm the guy who tried to buy your rims on ebay - prior to joining this forum. Think I actually agree with @Benbo and @Groshyubcha after a day of....spirited...driving on the Sonoma coast yesterday, including some off road shenanigans. Perhaps a powdercoat is in order... tbd.
馃憤

@squishball I registered for PGE and CA benefits, but on a lease the fed incentive was included in the price, I believe. Anything I'm missing?
SayHova18. I think that鈥檚 the extent of the rebates/benefits. Jaguar used to offer a free ChargePoint home unit with installation, but i鈥檓 guessing it鈥檚 no longer available.

Super Moderator
Ok I'm late to the party but still, Welcome SayHova, fellow Bay Area denizen.
Hey everyone I'll be off the grid for a few days, be good ok? :) 馃嵑

Registered
Yippee! Welcome to the very tiny SF I-Pace club. My I-Pace was also purchased from BMC SF. I use a ChargePoint 220v home charger on PGE鈥檚 EV2-A TOU plan. Be sure to claim your PGE, CA, and Fed rebates.
Hi - Is there really an SF I-Pace club? I live north of SF, 40 miles. I talked with BMC too. They were hot and cold and ended up not calling me back. I purchased my 2019 SE three months ago out of Pasadena Jaguar. 20" Black Rims.

Registered
Hi - Is there really an SF I-Pace club? I live north of SF, 40 miles. I talked with BMC too. They were hot and cold and ended up not calling me back. I purchased my 2019 SE three months ago out of Pasadena Jaguar. 20" Black Rims.
No, there isn鈥檛 a SF I-Pace club. In my almost 22 months of ownership, I鈥檝e only seen 2 I-Paces on the streets of SF, not including mine. Speaking of BMC, their sales and service departments used to extremely customer focused. Not sure what has happened recently, possibly impacted by the virus, but my most recent interaction with their service dept. has been no where near as good.

Registered
Forum - my wife and I just scored a crazy deal on an I-Pace S from BMC in SF.
Only regrets are the unfortunately stock wheels, but so far so good on everything else.
VERY interested in hearing form other urban-dwellers on best mix of settings, configuration, and charging.
Look forward to interacting on this board, which has been a wealth of info so far.

Congratulations! I looked at SF BMC before buying my SE 3 months ago. They did not have the car I wanted, so ended up in Pasadena Jag. Mine got shipped up the North Bay.

Regarding wheels: I passed up 22" cars because of "ride" and mileage. I have 20" black rims. I just saw and looked at buying some 20" Rims and tires from a guy in Sacramento that had move up to 22" (2 days ago). They were on this forum and on Ebay. $1,385 plus shipping for 4 with 1,000 miles on them....plus shipping. I ended up not buying them. This is not an usual deal. Keep your eye out because it is common for folks to upgrade to 22" and dump their 20". I did this previously with my Tesla S.

Regarding charging: The I-PACE does not have an intelligent charging system. It will always try to charge to a max charge if allowed. There is a lot of discussion on this Forum about charging to the Max. I will let you review it. For my part, I try to charge my car, to a max of 85% of full charge. By this I mean, when it gets down to 50%, or so, then I will charge it to 85%. I believe that this will let my battery optimize its range over its life. If I need a longer range for a trip, then I will charge it to the max (about 262 miles). To do this more precision charging you need an intelligent charger. I use a Juicebox 40. This charger will let you use its "App" to set an upper limit to the amount of charge. It also lets you charge at a higher charge rate (230V plug).

View attachment 4659

Registered
No, there isn鈥檛 a SF I-Pace club. In my almost 22 months of ownership, I鈥檝e only seen 2 I-Paces on the streets of SF, not including mine. Speaking of BMC, their sales and service departments used to extremely customer focused. Not sure what has happened recently, possibly impacted by the virus, but my most recent interaction with their service dept. has been no where near as good.
Thanks for the reply. I have never seen one up in the North Bay either.

I belong to the North Bay Electric Automobile Association (NBEAA). This is a group of 100 folks (25 active) that like Electric Cars and support the expansion of their use. I am the only I-PACE in the club. There are many Teslas, Leafs, etc. (One I-PACE and one E-Tron). We have remote members (e.g. Friday Harbor, WA). We are doing a 2 hour ZOOM meeting the second Sat. of each month, 10am-noon. The next one is on 10/10 at 10AM. You are welcome to come to one (from your favorite room in your house...or sitting in your car). If you are interested, then shoot me your EMail address.

I have not needed service as yet, but have called the Service folks at Marin Jaguar twice to talk about a Warning Message and never received a call-back.

Registered
Thanks for the reply. I have never seen one up in the North Bay either.

I belong to the North Bay Electric Automobile Association (NBEAA). This is a group of 100 folks (25 active) that like Electric Cars and support the expansion of their use. I am the only I-PACE in the club. There are many Teslas, Leafs, etc. (One I-PACE and one E-Tron). We have remote members (e.g. Friday Harbor, WA). We are doing a 2 hour ZOOM meeting the second Sat. of each month, 10am-noon. The next one is on 10/10 at 10AM. You are welcome to come to one (from your favorite room in your house...or sitting in your car). If you are interested, then shoot me your EMail address.

I have not needed service as yet, but have called the Service folks at Marin Jaguar twice to talk about a Warning Message and never received a call-back.
EV-AL: thanks for the invite to the zoom. I鈥檒l shoot you a PM, but can鈥檛 make the 10/10 meet.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
EV-AL: thanks for the invite to the zoom. I鈥檒l shoot you a PM, but can鈥檛 make the 10/10 meet.
Not sure where you are in SF but today swore I saw a grey i-pace in the inner sunset. We are closer to the Presidio, but hope to see you cruising around.

Registered
Not sure where you are in SF but today swore I saw a grey i-pace in the inner sunset. We are closer to the Presidio, but hope to see you cruising around.
Nope it wasn鈥檛 me. My I-Pace was at BMC service to take care of multiple DTCs until around 4:30 pm. That said, I do travel the inner sunset often. I also take the Presidio gate on my way to Crissy Field.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Nope it wasn鈥檛 me. My I-Pace was at BMC service to take care of multiple DTCs until around 4:30 pm. That said, I do travel the inner sunset often. I also take the Presidio gate on my way to Crissy Field.
Makes sense. I am headed in on Weds as I think the factory installed software is like v14 and folks here mentioning v18. What else should I ask them to do while they have the car? Is there like a known set of settings/updates/fixes to request?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts