Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Clive and have been a Audi fan for decades, my last one being a fully loaded SQ5 which I had believed was the best car that I had ever owned, apart from my Capri 2.8 Injection Special but that's another story. At home we are carbon neutral with solar PV, NIBE heat pump, battery and all LEDed. So the question of the car arose when a friend organised for us to trial an I-Pace HSE for a long weekend. We picked her up and drove from Hertfordshire to Stratford-upon-Avon and I must say that I was very impressed. The hotel, an IHG, had charging so no range anxiety and the performance and comfort levels were electrifying. And that was that for six months when I had a crisis of conscience and sold the SQ5 for the Audi forecourt price and found a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE fully loaded in Southend-on-sea. We trundled down to look at the car and the rest, as they say, is history. There was a small issue with the infotainment screen going blank but it was replaced and all seems well. I'm awaiting the PodPoint installation so am charging on the granny cable but it seems to work OK. I'm getting 240 odd miles per full charge and just loving the car.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your ride. As a fellow Audi lover I have to say the Jaguar is the one of the few cars I enjoy driving as much and the AWD matches the Audi if need every arises.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a 240v L2 charger installed, so I charge in my garage as needed. I just use a good quality low cost 7KW EVSE rather than a "connected" and fancy display one as I don't need the features and found those to be less reliable. If you don't have one and want to install I would suggest do wiring for one that could support 11 or 22KW charging which your Jaguar won't use, but your next EV might!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi @ChefClive,
I just ordered an Easee Home charger ( Easee – Shaping the future of electricity )

As @epirali pointed out it'a a good idea to be future proof.

So I also added the following, as the electrician will charge less for doing this all at once now, than adding it individually later
  • I have 3-phase in my house so the cable to the charger will have this available in case a future car can utilize it (the 2021 can).
  • Surge protection
  • Earth fault relay on each fuse
( Edit: Removed Norway specifics )

Frode

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
77 Posts
Hi, I'm Clive and have been a Audi fan for decades, my last one being a fully loaded SQ5 which I had believed was the best car that I had ever owned, apart from my Capri 2.8 Injection Special but that's another story. At home we are carbon neutral with solar PV, NIBE heat pump, battery and all LEDed. So the question of the car arose when a friend organised for us to trial an I-Pace HSE for a long weekend. We picked her up and drove from Hertfordshire to Stratford-upon-Avon and I must say that I was very impressed. The hotel, an IHG, had charging so no range anxiety and the performance and comfort levels were electrifying. And that was that for six months when I had a crisis of conscience and sold the SQ5 for the Audi forecourt price and found a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE fully loaded in Southend-on-sea. We trundled down to look at the car and the rest, as they say, is history. There was a small issue with the infotainment screen going blank but it was replaced and all seems well. I'm awaiting the PodPoint installation so am charging on the granny cable but it seems to work OK. I'm getting 240 odd miles per full charge and just loving the car.
We have a 2020 HSE and it's a beautiful car with lots of taste and luxury that went into the design. I'm coming out of a BMW X5 which I really enjoyed but it was becoming a high mileage vehicle. Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a 2020 HSE and it's a beautiful car with lots of taste and luxury that went into the design. I'm coming out of a BMW X5 which I really enjoyed but it was becoming a high mileage vehicle. Enjoy your new car.
Hiya Traderfjp thanks of your note. The HSE comes at a steep price in England - I refuse to use the letters 'you kay' - as I love in England! With all the bits, the car nets out at just over £84,000 - $111,926 USD - which is less than the E-Tron but we did not want a vast tank to drive!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
Hiya Traderfjp thanks of your note. The HSE comes at a steep price in England - I refuse to use the letters 'you kay' - as I love in England! With all the bits, the car nets out at just over £84,000 - $111,926 USD - which is less than the E-Tron but we did not want a vast tank to drive!
Ouch. Similarly, I hold a UK passport, live in the US, but I'm English born (well almost) and raised.
For comparison, I picked up my FE back in 2019 for a little under $80k, and then we have the $7500 tax credit to juice the deal. I assume a chunk of your price is VAT? Or whatever you call it these days.

On another note: Were you refering to the 70's-80's Capris? I remember those well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch. Similarly, I hold a UK passport, live in the US, but I'm English born (well almost) and raised.
For comparison, I picked up my FE back in 2019 for a little under $80k, and then we have the $7500 tax credit to juice the deal. I assume a chunk of your price is VAT? Or whatever you call it these days.

On another note: Were you refering to the 70's-80's Capris? I remember those well.
Hiya Qtown. The price is the price. JLR give a 'free' 7kw charging point worth a grand. There is a government subsidy of £2500 maximum and we get free congestion charge for metropolitan areas. My capri was a 1987 2.8 injection special one of the last made. Glorious car and another love of my life. I never had forgiven myself for selling her.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
Hiya Qtown. The price is the price. JLR give a 'free' 7kw charging point worth a grand. There is a government subsidy of £2500 maximum and we get free congestion charge for metropolitan areas. My capri was a 1987 2.8 injection special one of the last made. Glorious car and another love of my life. I never had forgiven myself for selling her.
Agreed. You cannot directly compare prices on anything between here and there. I'd love to live in CA and earn their salaries , but live at mid-America prices. I was "gone" before the '87, but I remember them being fun to drive. Hope you get the same thrill from the I-Pace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. You cannot directly compare prices on anything between here and there. I'd love to live in CA and earn their salaries , but live at mid-America prices. I was "gone" before the '87, but I remember them being fun to drive. Hope you get the same thrill from the I-Pace.
Well the thrill from the I-Pace is pretty pant wetting. I love the Audi and Tesla moments when the drivers want to take me on - no bloody contest on acceleration and road holding. I am the roundabout master - sorry those are big, or small, circles that some junctions have to regulate traffic flow. You have them in Boston. I just love the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well the thrill from the I-Pace is pretty pant wetting. I love the Audi and Tesla moments when the drivers want to take me on - no bloody contest on acceleration and road holding. I am the roundabout master - sorry those are big, or small, circles that some junctions have to regulate traffic flow. You have them in Boston. I just love the car.
Hello, Welcome to the squad! many happy miles of motoring ahead!

I agree on all fronts. We had some snow over the weekend and I got to test the all-weather capabilities a bit.

I just love the car and I'm also thrilled to bits to be an owner - Every. Single. Time. I. Go. Anywhere.

Reactions: ChefClive
1 - 13 of 13 Posts