Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. After lurking around here for nearly a year I made the move and picked up a 2019 preowned HSE a few weeks ago. Been poring through the manual to learn about all the tech and there are a few things I'm just stumped on (and couldn't find existing content on this site to fill in the gaps). If anyone would be so kind, here's where I'm stuck:
  1. Traffic sign recognition option won't activate in the menu (I check the box only for it to un-check 2 seconds later, every time)
  2. Forward collision warning alert doesn't activate in the menu (same as above) and sensitivity settings below that are grayed out
  3. Same for emergency lane keeping and driver condition monitor - I can check the boxes but they don't stick
  4. Media seems to always default back to FM radio when I get back in the car
Maybe I'm just missing a lot of features that show up in my menus as accessible, but that seems odd. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Hi Darwin, welcome!! I don't have experience with the specific issues you mention, but it sounds like the first line of defense would be a complete software update performed by the dealer. Do you have a good dealer yet?

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
Not sure about the earlier cars but some functions on mine seem to make no difference if selected (e.g. handless tailgate) it doesn't show as enabled (and is impossible to activate via the menu as the selection just will not stick) but yet still works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Darwin, welcome!! I don't have experience with the specific issues you mention, but it sounds like the first line of defense would be a complete software update performed by the dealer. Do you have a good dealer yet?
Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestion!

I do have one nearby who helped to erase the previous owner from the InControl account for the car. I was in and out in 10 minutes, but it was a fine experience. So should I assume that software updates for these cars cannot be done over the air from my driveway?

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
There are lots of modules and SOTA (software over the air) deployment is confusing. Best to bring it in IMO.
However, if you want to do a little more research I'd recommend WattCat, an Android app written specifically for the I-Pace by our community member ardevd. No apple version available unfortunately. WattCat will show some version numbers, among many other useful things. (This is assuming you have an InControl account, it uses the same credentials)
Also, check your infotainment and connectivity versions by going to Settings -> All Settings -> Software update in the main screen. 21A and 19.2 are the latest versions. What does yours show?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are lots of modules and SOTA (software over the air) deployment is confusing. Best to bring it in IMO.
However, if you want to do a little more research I'd recommend WattCat, an Android app written specifically for the I-Pace by our community member ardevd. No apple version available unfortunately. WattCat will show some version numbers, among many other useful things. (This is assuming you have an InControl account, it uses the same credentials)
Also, check your infotainment and connectivity versions by going to Settings -> All Settings -> Software update in the main screen. 21A and 19.2 are the latest versions. What does yours show?
My infotainment software seems to be the latest version, but for "vehicle connectivity system" and "battery energy control system" there is no software listed and I get "update not available" when I tap Check for Update. I'm assuming there should be a software version listed for both of those entries as well??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts