Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Excited to share that I am going to pick up my iPace from the dealer tomorrow. I have read a lot of topics in this forum about issues in telematics, software issues, lag in voice, etc and seen commentary on SOTA. Can someone share some key points to cover with the dealer as I stop by to pick up the car? What should I ask them to update or verify so that I can at least avoid known issues. Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Folks,

Excited to share that I am going to pick up my iPace from the dealer tomorrow. I have read a lot of topics in this forum about issues in telematics, software issues, lag in voice, etc and seen commentary on SOTA. Can someone share some key points to cover with the dealer as I stop by to pick up the car? What should I ask them to update or verify so that I can at least avoid known issues. Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks
Likely your best bet is to at least have them update infotainment to 19B and telematics to 16.2. If those have not been updated (which is likely the case), you can also be assured all the other modules that you cannot see software versions for are also in need of updating. There are well over 30 different modules that take updates. But you can only see 2.

However, with or without the updates you will probably experience some of the issues you can read about on here. You can either shrug your shoulders and accept them or get mad...

Enjoy your car!

Good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Likely your best bet is to at least have them update infotainment to 19B and telematics to 16.2. If those have not been updated (which is likely the case), you can also be assured all the other modules that you cannot see software versions for are also in need of updating. There are well over 30 different modules that take updates. But you can only see 2.

However, with or without the updates you will probably experience some of the issues you can read about on here. You can either shrug your shoulders and accept them or get mad...

Enjoy your car!

Good luck!
Actually telematics 17.2 is the latest version

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Can Telematics be updated via SOTA? Is a call to dealer needed to 'push' that too?
Previously a JLR insider had posted that the only thing that will be OTA for the near-term is infotainment. I have not heard anything to indicate that has changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Enjoy your car!

Good luck!
Thank you for the guidance and the update on the Telematics. I have made notes on it. What do you mean by 30 modules? Should I ask for something more specifically?

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts

Enjoy your car!

Good luck!
Thank you for the guidance and the update on the Telematics. I have made notes on it. What do you mean by 30 modules? Should I ask for something more specifically?
When your dealer hooks the car up to the system, I believe it is called Pathfinder it will identify all that needs to be updated. Keep in mind, there seems to be a widespread reluctance at the dealers to only fix/update issues you report. The first time I brought my car in they flatly said they would not update anything unless there was a reported problem and they could demonstrate the update would fix it. However, with my encouragement they then went ahead and updated everything which took them >20 hours over 3 days. They told me (&the service bill supported they had updated 33 or 35 (I don’t recall the exact number) modules. I received the early release of 19A and 15.2, although the telematics version didn’t display. When people are reporting the dealers are updating their car in an hour or so, I would guess all they are getting is infotainment and/or telematics

·
Registered
427 Posts
The i-Pace has several different control modules. Most cannot be updated via SOTA. They require upgrading by the dealer.
The dealer will not upgrade individual module software if they are working correctly.
There is a campaign H228 which updates the Battery Charger Control Module (BCCM). This cannot be updated via SOTA.

There is a posting somewhere in the forum where I listed a bunch of modules as examples.

You asked about Telematics -
Telematics - the TCM (also TCU) controls the communication from RF, Wifi, bluetooth, and GSM to other modules via the CAN bus. It has its own SIM, also called the internal SIM. The TCU can be updated via the internal SIM if there is no wifi or external SIM communication. Right now JLR is not doing TCU software updates over the air, but the capability is there for future. It's job is to manage the signals coming in from the antennas.

The BCCM, the Powercontrol module, the body control module and others all need to be plugged in to Pathfinder (dealer tool) to do the updates.

I would just ask that all campaigns be completed and that SOTA is enabled, and that they upgrade your infotainment to S19B and perhaps the latest telematics (since it addresses some lag problems). I wouldn't worry about the other modules.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When your dealer hooks the car up to the system, I believe it is called Pathfinder it will identify all that needs to be updated. Keep in mind, there seems to be a widespread reluctance at the dealers to only fix/update issues you report. The first time I brought my car in they flatly said they would not update anything unless there was a reported problem and they could demonstrate the update would fix it. However, with my encouragement they then went ahead and updated everything which took them >20 hours over 3 days. They told me (&the service bill supported they had updated 33 or 35 (I don’t recall the exact number) modules. I received the early release of 19A and 15.2, although the telematics version didn’t display. When people are reporting the dealers are updating their car in an hour or so, I would guess all they are getting is infotainment and/or telematics
Thank you again for the advise. I have requested the same from the dealership. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The i-Pace has several different control modules. Most cannot be updated via SOTA. They require upgrading by the dealer.
The dealer will not upgrade individual module software if they are working correctly.
There is a campaign H228 which updates the Battery Charger Control Module (BCCM). This cannot be updated via SOTA.

There is a posting somewhere in the forum where I listed a bunch of modules as examples.

You asked about Telematics -
Telematics - the TCM (also TCU) controls the communication from RF, Wifi, bluetooth, and GSM to other modules via the CAN bus. It has its own SIM, also called the internal SIM. The TCU can be updated via the internal SIM if there is no wifi or external SIM communication. Right now JLR is not doing TCU software updates over the air, but the capability is there for future. It's job is to manage the signals coming in from the antennas.

The BCCM, the Powercontrol module, the body control module and others all need to be plugged in to Pathfinder (dealer tool) to do the updates.

I would just ask that all campaigns be completed and that SOTA is enabled, and that they upgrade your infotainment to S19B and perhaps the latest telematics (since it addresses some lag problems). I wouldn't worry about the other modules.
Thank you. I have requested the dealership to check other campaigns for updates. Hopefully, they will get it done soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Folks - Thank you for all the input and advise. I picked up the i-Pace SE vehicle last week and impressed thus far. I did get the following updates done -

H228 SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME
H207 HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H221 INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H237 INSTRUMENT PACK CLUSTER UPDATE

and the versions on Telematics to 17.2 and Infotainment to 19B per the advice here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are there any updates that address having continuing problems with Voice Commands for entering GPS destinations? We frequently find that even destinations that have been in existence for many years are unrecognizable by our GPS. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts