Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to buy a (very lightly: 2K miles) used 2019 early in the pandemic, so I've now had it for 6 months or so. The seller was an amateur photographer, so he got some pretty awesome pictures (I thought they were cribbed from the JLR website). Anyways, love how it drives, love how it looks, and except for a couple of minor nits it's a great car. I just wish this pandemic were over so I could drive it a bit more. The furthest I've gone was to Pebble Beach and back.

Jag 1.1.2020-06976.jpg

cbh-22.jpg

cbh-45.jpg

·
Registered
963 Posts
Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous Color combo.

Not many charging stations in Pebble but it's a beautiful drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All you need is one. There was a free DC fast charger in this little apartment complex across the street from the Del Monte shopping center in Monterey.
Had I a choice in the matter, I would have gone with the Cesium Blue, which is beautiful, but I'm glad I was forced out of my comfort zone into getting the red.

·
Registered
963 Posts
All you need is one. There was a free DC fast charger in this little apartment complex across the street from the Del Monte shopping center in Monterey.
Had I a choice in the matter, I would have gone with the Cesium Blue, which is beautiful, but I'm glad I was forced out of my comfort zone into getting the red.
Good to know about that charger.
An I-Pace Big Sur coastal drive would be a site to see.
It was the right move going with the Red.

·
Registered
2020 Firenze Red SE, 9/2019 Build
20 Posts
I was able to buy a (very lightly: 2K miles) used 2019 early in the pandemic, so I've now had it for 6 months or so. The seller was an amateur photographer, so he got some pretty awesome pictures (I thought they were cribbed from the JLR website). Anyways, love how it drives, love how it looks, and except for a couple of minor nits it's a great car. I just wish this pandemic were over so I could drive it a bit more. The furthest I've gone was to Pebble Beach and back.

View attachment 4804

View attachment 4805

View attachment 4803
Congratulations and great photos! Cheers to you!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
521 Posts
....Had I a choice in the matter, I would have gone with the Cesium Blue, which is beautiful, but I'm glad I was forced out of my comfort zone into getting the red.
Great photos. Love the pic on the bridge, never thought of the bridge as photon red but the colors are almost the same in that shot.
Agreed regarding the color. I too thought I wanted blue. Was ready to order one to spec, then my wife saw the FE in photon red on the lot and a deal was done quite soon after. The car deserves a bold color. The red looks best in my opinion in subdued light rather than full sun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still catch myself thinking "wow, that's a nice car!" and then remember its mine. I've never had a car like that. The look is bold, but still practical. There are few enough of them around that it has not become banal. I actually like the Teslas' looks (I would have gotten a model Y had this car not been available) but in the Bay Area there are tons of them around. My wife's comment was "they're become like the Prius now".

The photos were from the car's seller, who was an avid photographer. They were so good, I actually thought they were the car's promotional photos, but you can tell on the bridge photo that he forgot to take off the front license plate holder off. You are right that the red looks great at dusk, though I like it in full sun too, and with the custamizable cabin light scheme, it is really pretty at night too.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I still catch myself thinking "wow, that's a nice car!" and then remember its mine. I've never had a car like that. The look is bold, but still practical. There are few enough of them around that it has not become banal. I actually like the Teslas' looks (I would have gotten a model Y had this car not been available) but in the Bay Area there are tons of them around. My wife's comment was "they're become like the Prius now".

The photos were from the car's seller, who was an avid photographer. They were so good, I actually thought they were the car's promotional photos, but you can tell on the bridge photo that he forgot to take off the front license plate holder off. You are right that the red looks great at dusk, though I like it in full sun too, and with the custamizable cabin light scheme, it is really pretty at night too.
In LA you see every car, like endless amount of the Lamborghini Urus. I couple of people have told me that my car looks more exotic than the Urus which I agree with.

IMO there is no way to compare the I-pace to the Y. I-Pace interior and exterior is pure styling art. The Y does have excellent performance though

@jmg do you have high rez photos for download? I want to make them my wallpaper

Reactions: I-Pace
1 - 10 of 10 Posts