Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Proud new owner of a wonderful FE. I saw the I-pace last Xmas at a local mall and loved what I saw. After checking out the competition - Tesla, Audi etc - I test drove one earlier in the Summer. Loved the feel and look. I was wanting the caesium blue with all the driving options - dealer suggested I would have to custom build - apparently blue is not a favorite with the dealers. Anyway, I took the family for a 2nd test drive a few day back and the dealer made an offer on the FE that I couldn't refuse. Took it home that night and it's still in my driveway. Great car. Thanks for all the useful discussion on this forum - I feel like I know the car better than any I had bought before.

Quick intro question for those of you with a few miles under your belts - does the regenerative power from going downhill compensate for the extra electrons needed to go up hills? Most of my driving will be commuting and around town, but I would like to do some hilly driving in the upstate NY area, and the lack of charging options out there scare me a little. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm considering drives thru the high peaks region of the adirondacks. I know I can recharge in Albany, but there is nothing north of there. We're looking at 100miles each way from Albany. I'm hoping if I take it gently up the hills I'll be ok

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Make sure to use Econ mode and low regen on the downhill. And don't start out with a 200 mile trip, do a shorter one first and keep close attention to the percentage battery State of Charge (SoC) as provided by your MyEV panel. You'll be sweating bullets on the way up ... and then be amazed at the number of free miles you get on the downhill. :grin2:

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea sound advice. I am coming into this with a mindset of exploring what the car can do, rather than expecting. To date (2 weeks) I seem to be getting around 230miles to a full charge - this is a mix of highway and local roads.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome Qtown. Not much hill experience but 9 mos and 10k mi. 230 is a very reasonable figure, I quote anyone who asks about range: 190-200 highway, 225-250 city, curtailed by temps below 40 and speeds above 75.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Qtown. Not much hill experience but 9 mos and 10k mi. 230 is a very reasonable figure, I quote anyone who asks about range: 190-200 highway, 225-250 city, curtailed by temps below 40 and speeds above 75.
Thanks. Just completed 172 mile round trip (90+% turnpike) thru the Poconos with cruise set at 70. Had 64 left on the GoM when I got home. I am happy with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts