Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the happy 2nd owner of a 2020 HSE, so far very impressed.

One small thing I haven't resolved though:

In order to use the navigation functionality fully I need to log in and the navigation profile is connected to the previous owner's email address.

How do I change the email / set up a different account for the navigation system? Found no place to do this in the menu. I have reset the system (I think) but the navigation part is still tied to the previous owners email.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome!!!

Wish I knew the answer to your problem. Someone on this forum prolly does though.

I just bought a 2019! Haven’t fully set it up yet bc it’s at the dealer for repairs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Slam08 !
I had actually just renamed the existing profile in the car early on without realizing the consequence, so deleting it and creating a new profile got me one step further. I still cannot add the vehicle to my online profile even though it's been removed from previous owner's account though.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
This is something that either the dealer can fix (since they set up the account at first buyer's purchase) or contacting here.com folks to fix it.

You might be able to do it yourself at the jaguar.here.com site. I'm not well versed on their procedures. After I got my car (new back in '19) I went to the here.com site to associate my emial address to the car and wait a day before it all worked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am the happy 2nd owner of a 2020 HSE, so far very impressed.

One small thing I haven't resolved though:

In order to use the navigation functionality fully I need to log in and the navigation profile is connected to the previous owner's email address.

How do I change the email / set up a different account for the navigation system? Found no place to do this in the menu. I have reset the system (I think) but the navigation part is still tied to the previous owners email.
I have this same problem on my '19 FE and I haven't been able to resolve it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@suburban_gorilla I resolved the problem like this,
I am keeping this as a Todo for then I sell the car in the future ..

1) The previous owner may have registered the car on Jaguar Route Planner,
if so they need to remove the car from their profile there

2) The email of the previous owner will be tied to their profile in the car so renaming the profile is not sufficient.
Simply resetting the personal settings in the car did not get rid of this connection.
You need to delete the profile in the car and create a new one if you have not already done so.

3) Wait 24 hours, as the information in the car and on jaguar.here.com get synchronized.

4) Now it should be possible to add your vehicle using your VIN number on Jaguar Route Planner

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unless you know the previous owner I would advise calling the Jaguar InControl customer support and have them remove the previous owner from your cars profile. It will take a day or so for that to be reset. Do not try to register the car during this time (InControl support will tell you how long to wait). Once that is complete then you will be free to register using the steps above starting at #3 above.

Jaguar InControl Support
1-(800)-452-4827

BTW, Jaguar Router Planning is not the best, but it does work. I would advise using CarPlay or AirPlay so you can use Google Maps, Waze, or ABRP right from your infotainment system.You should still get InControl updated so you can take advantage of the other features (remote preconditioning, alarm status, trip logs, etc)!

·
Registered
78 Posts
RESULT!

Thanks all for the input, this exact procedure has resolved my issue.

I believe the previous owner had already removed the car from his profile, which was helpful to me. Once I registered on jaguar.here.com and logged into the car, all was resolved.

thanks cats for all of your help! I'd have to say my car is 100% set up correctly now, its just about tweaking small things to get it perfect.

Reactions: norfrode

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RESULT!

Thanks all for the input, this exact procedure has resolved my issue.

I believe the previous owner had already removed the car from his profile, which was helpful to me. Once I registered on jaguar.here.com and logged into the car, all was resolved.

thanks cats for all of your help! I'd have to say my car is 100% set up correctly now, its just about tweaking small things to get it perfect.
So happy it worked out for you as well.
I'm in the same situation, it's just tweaking now ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts