Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to share pics of my 2020 Silicon Silver / Oyster baby, which I took delivery of in June 2019 but haven't seen in almost 2 months due to what could have been a catastrophic deer strike. Luckily, the safety features available in the vehicle insured that the only thing hurt was the front end of the vehicle. (The deer flew about 15' into the ditch and just got up, looked around and ran off with my Jaguar emblem stuck in his hind leg).

The cautionary end to this tale is the fact that I have not seen the car in 2 months. Getting replacement parts for a rare vehicle appears to be impossible in the states. I have been informed that a number of the parts required to complete the restoration "aren't even available yet, and need to be manufactured".

So - enjoy your vehicles (I know I was for almost 8K miles), but watch out for the wild life out there...

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
Oooof, that's rough. I was rear-ended in August and luckily they did have all the parts (including the rear hatch), but it did take time for them to arrive (maybe a month?). Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Best part of the story, the original shop I took it to was told they could not work on the car because there was an upper aluminium radiator mount that could not be issued to them as they were not a certified Jaguar Structural Repair center. The car had already been disassembled, so had to be boxed up and shipped to another center that was certified. Was not aware there was even such a thing, but apparently Jaguar / Land Rover and even Tesla are pretty particular about who gets access to their parts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry to read about your collision and hope you get your car back soon. I missed a deer by 2 feet the other night and was surprised to see it in a suburban area. I did cream one on the highway in a 2004 Saab 9-3 wagon. I had fur all over the front end and the car sustained $4500 in damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts apparently are on a ship from EU right now.

Would have killed for $4500 in damage. When we're talking cameras, sensors, and battery cooling, you're in the $30K range.

Keep in mind - no actual structural damage. Car drove just fine after the incident (minus the plastic bits clapping around the "grill").

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Thank you. Best part of the story, the original shop I took it to was told they could not work on the car because there was an upper aluminium radiator mount that could not be issued to them as they were not a certified Jaguar Structural Repair center. The car had already been disassembled, so had to be boxed up and shipped to another center that was certified. Was not aware there was even such a thing, but apparently Jaguar / Land Rover and even Tesla are pretty particular about who gets access to their parts.
very early on someone posted a listing of the JLR approved centers. I’ll try to remember to look for it and make it a sticky post.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah, parts availability is a bit low. Seems to happen eventually, though. I'll try not to hit any deer. I did give a love tap to one a few months ago. Nailed another a couple years ago. Reindeer aren't the only ones that can fly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dantrium. For the record, if you're based in Nebraska, sounds like Dingman's is the only certified one around.

May extend to Iowa as well. Not sure how far their reach is, but the other center said that Des Moines couldn't even help them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One of the reasons I didn't go with Tesla was the long repair times. A buddy of mine waited several months for a battery replacement on his Model S. Disappointing to hear it's also long with Jaguar. I guess the vehicle is still too new to get large supply of parts available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts