Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our I Pace new from Baker Jaguar in Charleston, SC. Loved the car until the battery died at 2441 miles. Long story short had to be towed to Charleston. Baker brought in Jag Tech and one of the cells of the battery was replaced. We now only get 94% state of charge when charged to "full". Evidently there is a software update in the works. We are very nervous about this car. We had a BMW i3 BEV for five years prior to this and had no significant problems with it.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Bought our I Pace new from Baker Jaguar in Charleston, SC. Loved the car until the battery died at 2441 miles. Long story short had to be towed to Charleston. Baker brought in Jag Tech and one of the cells of the battery was replaced. We now only get 94% state of charge when charged to "full". Evidently there is a software update in the works. We are very nervous about this car. We had a BMW i3 BEV for five years prior to this and had no significant problems with it.
I would not accept the decision to leave you with a battery that won’t charge all the way. I would look into getting a whole new battery, not just a cell or two or a new car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
There are other forum members who have needed traction battery replacements. You will need to push the dealer as one of the modules might have a fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts