Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I’m yet one more person who recently got a new 2019 model as I couldn’t turn down the $25K off! I bought a white S model from south LA about 2 weeks back and seriously love this car. Don’t miss my BMW 3 series wagon when compared to this. I was waiting for the model Y but after seeing them in-person, I think this car has way better design.

After living with it for a few weeks, I have a few random questions:
  1. With all these glossy black surfaces, I’m seeing every speck of dust known to man. Curious what people are using to keep those surfaces (plus the screens) clean without harming them. Any recommendations?
  2. With my iPhone connected to Bluetooth, I’m not seeing any kind of menu option on the screen to select from Favorites (not using car play, just the regular phone module). I can choose from recents, contacts, etc but no favorites. Am I missing something here?
  3. I’m considering changing the wheels to a glossy black style as I love that look on a white car (once again, just like everybody else). Ha. When considering those after market, do I need to be concerned about the weight so as not to interfere with the range? Not sure how much this could be an issue or not on the car. I plan on keeping the 18’s but just changing the wheel style. Am I crazy not to go to 20’s? Guess I’m asking 2 questions here.
  4. Lastly, I sometimes notice that the regen braking setting goes back to the lower setting for no apparent reason after I’ve had it on high for several days. Any reason this might be happening? Not sure why it would change on its own.
Thanks everyone for the input! Sorry if a lot of these are duplicates. Just point me to other threads if applicable.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car!

I can advise on Q1: I use a microfiber cloth and Perfect Glass for the screens and most of the interior. Don't use a product with ammonia or other harsh chemicals. There are many gentle products out there and microfiber cloths won't scratch anything.

Q4 tells me that the car is using software version 19A which introduced the Regen bug. The most current software is 20A and can be installed over-the-air referred to as SOTA on this forum. It's probable that the dealer hasn't enabled your car for SOTA yet so you may need to contact the service department and ask them to enable the car in TopiX. TopiX is the software system the dealer uses to see what recalls, new software and other campaigns are available for your car.

To see what software version your car is using:.

1) On the upper touchscreen press the Settings icon
2) Select the All Settings icon
3) Select the Software Update button
4) Scroll down a little and you should see the software version starting with 19A and a bunch of other numbers.

The software naming convention starts with the year of release followed by the letters A through D which indicates if it's the first, second, third update. So, 19A is the first update for 2019, 19B is the second, etc. I or other members will give you the way to establish your own, free TopiX account to see what still needs to be done by the dealer.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
322 Posts
I’m considering changing the wheels to a glossy black style as I love that look on a white car (once again, just like everybody else). Ha. When considering those after market, do I need to be concerned about the weight so as not to interfere with the range? Not sure how much this could be an issue or not on the car. I plan on keeping the 18’s but just changing the wheel style. Am I crazy not to go to 20’s? Guess I’m asking 2 questions here.
Have you considered painting (powder coat) your existing wheels? This post shows @Dlo who recently painted there stock 22" wheels with seemingly great results:

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Nice! We just got ours from SoCal this past weekend. I think 20’s would be the perfect balance between size/look and range. I have 20’s and I’m getting about 240-250 miles on full charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like I’m yet one more person who recently got a new 2019 model as I couldn’t turn down the $25K off! I bought a white S model from south LA about 2 weeks back and seriously love this car. Don’t miss my BMW 3 series wagon when compared to this. I was waiting for the model Y but after seeing them in-person, I think this car has way better design.

After living with it for a few weeks, I have a few random questions:
  1. With all these glossy black surfaces, I’m seeing every speck of dust known to man. Curious what people are using to keep those surfaces (plus the screens) clean without harming them. Any recommendations?
  2. With my iPhone connected to Bluetooth, I’m not seeing any kind of menu option on the screen to select from Favorites (not using car play, just the regular phone module). I can choose from recents, contacts, etc but no favorites. Am I missing something here?
  3. I’m considering changing the wheels to a glossy black style as I love that look on a white car (once again, just like everybody else). Ha. When considering those after market, do I need to be concerned about the weight so as not to interfere with the range? Not sure how much this could be an issue or not on the car. I plan on keeping the 18’s but just changing the wheel style. Am I crazy not to go to 20’s? Guess I’m asking 2 questions here.
  4. Lastly, I sometimes notice that the regen braking setting goes back to the lower setting for no apparent reason after I’ve had it on high for several days. Any reason this might be happening? Not sure why it would change on its own.
Thanks everyone for the input! Sorry if a lot of these are duplicates. Just point me to other threads if applicable.
Congrats on the new I Pace. I went through the same wheel delima as mine came with 18s as well. Long story short I decided to go with a 19" factory take off from an F Pace which were brand new for $1k. They definitely gave the car a different attitude.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car!

I can advise on Q1: I use a microfiber cloth and Perfect Glass for the screens and most of the interior. Don't use a product with ammonia or other harsh chemicals. There are many gentle products out there and microfiber cloths won't scratch anything.

Q4 tells me that the car is using software version 19A which introduced the Regen bug. The most current software is 20A and can be installed over-the-air referred to as SOTA on this forum. It's probable that the dealer hasn't enabled your car for SOTA yet so you may need to contact the service department and ask them to enable the car in TopiX. TopiX is the software system the dealer uses to see what recalls, new software and other campaigns are available for your car.

To see what software version your car is using:.

1) On the upper touchscreen press the Settings icon
2) Select the All Settings icon
3) Select the Software Update button
4) Scroll down a little and you should see the software version starting with 19A and a bunch of other numbers.

The software naming convention starts with the year of release followed by the letters A through D which indicates if it's the first, second, third update. So, 19A is the first update for 2019, 19B is the second, etc. I or other members will give you the way to establish your own, free TopiX account to see what still needs to be done by the dealer.
This is all great info! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Look forward to learning more about the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you considered painting (powder coat) your existing wheels? This post shows @Dlo who recently painted there stock 22" wheels with seemingly great results:

Yeah I dig that - interesting option to consider. So many fun ways to spend more money on this car.... Ha.

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! We just got ours from SoCal this past weekend. I think 20’s would be the perfect balance between size/look and range. I have 20’s and I’m getting about 240-250 miles on full charge.
Did you get yours from Mission Viejo? I saw a few weeks ago that they had 2 red 2019's left, but I was looking for a different color. Great deal though. That dealership is 5 min from my house so I would have preferred to go there instead of LA.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeah I dig that - interesting option to consider. So many fun ways to spend more money on this car.... Ha.
There is a place in Santa Ana that will powder coat wheels for $350. It's a 1 day job, $250 of you bring them the wheels

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a place in Santa Ana that will powder coat wheels for $350. It's a 1 day job, $250 of you bring them the wheels
Any chance you know the name of it or have any contact info? Would definitely consider it. Do you think this style of wheel would do well with that?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Any chance you know the name of it or have any contact info? Would definitely consider it. Do you think this style of wheel would do well with that?

View attachment 4261
I think the details of a wheel aren't as important when it's all black
Yours would looks great in all black.
I'll PM you

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Did you get yours from Mission Viejo? I saw a few weeks ago that they had 2 red 2019's left, but I was looking for a different color. Great deal though. That dealership is 5 min from my house so I would have preferred to go there instead of LA.
Yes I did! I called and visited pretty much every SoCal Jaguar dealer and the best I’ve gotten was $27k off MSRP until I walked into the doors of Mission Viejo. Bunch of great guys, really.

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I did! I called and visited pretty much every SoCal Jaguar dealer and the best I’ve gotten was $27k off MSRP until I walked into the doors of Mission Viejo. Bunch of great guys, really.
That's great to hear. Can I ask how much MV took off MSRP? Just curious!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts