Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That looks like a fully loaded SE. I remember some people ordered those instead of the HSE trim because it worked out better on leases or something. I’m not sure what you don’t have with the HSE compared to a loaded SE
It certainly looks to be that way. I just need to find out from the dealer what kind of repairs IF ANY were done to fix whatever caused the buy-back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That looks like a fully loaded SE. I remember some people ordered those instead of the HSE trim because it worked out better on leases or something. I’m not sure what you don’t have with the HSE compared to a loaded SE
I have a loaded SE. Has everything an HSE has except the gesture tailgate. Sticker was more than a comparably-equipped HSE would be. But the color and interior were right, had the carbon fiber-trimmed wheels...and was $25k below MSRP with 34 miles on the clock. I don't miss the H.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a loaded SE. Has everything an HSE has except the gesture tailgate. Sticker was more than a comparably-equipped HSE would be. But the color and interior were right, had the carbon fiber-trimmed wheels...and was $25k below MSRP with 34 miles on the clock. I don't miss the H.
But that gesture tailgate! Lol

Funny story the other day. Somehow I had turned on the child safety locks. I was trying to turn them off but couldn’t find it in the menus so I just got out and opened the car door myself for my kids. Then I continued driving and looked through the menus some more while driving and couldn’t find it. I couldn’t figure out how I did it accidentally. Finally I thought maybe it was a latch on the inside of the door when opened. So I reached work and went to open the door. And the realized there is a child safety lock button on the drivers door! Lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Let us know if you have any questions!

In my opinion the i pace is the best car out there in its segment. And I’m totally unbiased.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh wow that's a long trip. Way to jump into the deep end of the pool. Will take a couple of days and careful planning, hopefully there's a hotel with an L2 charger about half way.
We've been driving around in an EV for a while now... granted it is a city car. So we at least have EV experience. We did a two week stint in New Zealand recently and were driving a BYD Atto3 Extended Range. We went from Auckland to Lake Taupo so we experienced long distance drives. So while New Zealand's charging infrastructure is a fair bit better than ours, the range and charging speeds of the BYD are similar enough to the I-Pace's so I have an idea of what to expect. I'm hoping some patience and planning will get us home.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,072 Posts
We've been driving around in an EV for a while now... granted it is a city car. So we at least have EV experience. We did a two week stint in New Zealand recently and were driving a BYD Atto3 Extended Range. We went from Auckland to Lake Taupo so we experienced long distance drives. So while New Zealand's charging infrastructure is a fair bit better than ours, the range and charging speeds of the BYD are similar enough to the I-Pace's so I have an idea of what to expect. I'm hoping some patience and planning will get us home.
Is this the I-Pace you highlighted in NJ earlier? If so, 1100miles from NJ, could take you through some rough weather this time of year. Be aware of the range reduction and reduced charging rates in sub zero conditions.

I've taken mine on long trips, so it is very doable with good planning. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Is this the I-Pace you highlighted in NJ earlier? If so, 1100miles from NJ, could take you through some rough weather this time of year. Be aware of the range reduction and reduced charging rates in sub zero conditions.

I've taken mine on long trips, so it is very doable with good planning. Good luck.
It isn't in NJ, thankfully. I'll keep everyone posted as things happen!

·
Registered
2019 HSE
65 Posts
It isn't in NJ, thankfully. I'll keep everyone posted as things happen!
Hi Butters. Good luck with the purchase. If you like the driving dynamics now, they'll be significantly improved with a set of Edgy Mods lowering height adjustment control arms for the air dampers. Together with 21 inch, 265 mm wheels/tires, it significantly improves the driving dynamics. Adjustable Ride Height Links - Maptuner X - Edgy Mods Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi Butters. Good luck with the purchase. If you like the driving dynamics now, they'll be significantly improved with a set of Edgy Mods lowering height adjustment control arms for the air dampers. Together with 21 inch, 265 mm wheels/tires, it significantly improves the driving dynamics. Adjustable Ride Height Links - Maptuner X - Edgy Mods Tony
Adjustable control links for the air suspension is definitely on my shopping list. That and a set of 22" wheels. I've been reading so many posts on the forum about whether or not people think 22" wheels are too harsh but these things tend to be so subjective. I definitely want to keep the 18's around for the range and (alleged) comfort to use for longer trips when range is more important, keeping the 22's on for daily driving.

As a person that has come from a long line of enthusiast ICE cars and a long-standing member of various other forums, I might get noisy about certain things around these parts. Hopefully the mods don't get too annoyed --- but would love to see a Classified section implemented along with a starting a few other threads that are commonly seen on other forums.

·
Administrator
3,258 Posts
Hey @Butters , regarding the 'mods': There's only one, which is me, and I'm just an enthusiast myself. A couple years ago the real admins asked me if I wanted to do this and I said "sure". So I just delete spam and the very very rare bad post.

Noisy is great haha. This is a great forum, the members are super knowledgable, engaged, funny, irreverent, thoughtful, and almost always incredibly helpful. If you want to post stuff for sale, just go to the approximately correct forum and do it. I think it's too few members to really have a useful classifieds section.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts