Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I've always liked the I-Pace and since we're in the market for a new EV, I thought I'd take another look at it. We are also considering a new Kia EV6 but for the price of a new Wind AWD or GT-Line AWD, I could also see cross-shopping a 2019 or 2020 I-Pace. I know the architecture of the EV6 is more modern, wtih more range and way faster charging but the Jaaaaag is hard to ignore with its focus on luxury and handling. Being a certified petrol/motorhead, the I-Pace has the one feature that is seemingly difficult to come by in modern EVs -- good driving dynamics. As someone who prizes such things -- having owned two Exiges, two NSXs (one of which is my current fun car), BRZs, Miatas, many motorcycles -- the I-Pace's dynamics speak loudly to me and may even drown out the sensible arguments from the EV6's more modern electrical systems.

The spec I'm currently eyeing is the First Editions or the HSE trims from '19 to '20. As far as I know, I should be watching out for the electrical harness recall and maybe some software updates for the battery that nets more range. I am aware that the infotainment was updated for the 2022 model year along with a faster onboard charger. While I do find frustrating infotainment to be exactly that -- frustrating -- I don't know if it's worth the 20k or 30k premium for a '22. From where I'm sitting, since no significant updates were made to the interior/exterior design or the propulsion system I'm ok with the pre-'22 models.

I've been lurking around reading up as much as I can but if anyone else wants to school a noob, I'd be more than happy to absorb your insights!

Also, does the forum not have a dedicated Classifieds section??

· Registered
1,904 Posts
New member here. I've always liked the I-Pace and since we're in the market for a new EV, I thought I'd take another look at it. We are also considering a new Kia EV6 but for the price of a new Wind AWD or GT-Line AWD, I could also see cross-shopping a 2019 or 2020 I-Pace. I know the architecture of the EV6 is more modern, wtih more range and way faster charging but the Jaaaaag is hard to ignore with its focus on luxury and handling. Being a certified petrol/motorhead, the I-Pace has the one feature that is seemingly difficult to come by in modern EVs -- good driving dynamics. As someone who prizes such things -- having owned two Exiges, two NSXs (one of which is my current fun car), BRZs, Miatas, many motorcycles -- the I-Pace's dynamics speak loudly to me and may even drown out the sensible arguments from the EV6's more modern electrical systems.

The spec I'm currently eyeing is the First Editions or the HSE trims from '19 to '20. As far as I know, I should be watching out for the electrical harness recall and maybe some software updates for the battery that nets more range. I am aware that the infotainment was updated for the 2022 model year along with a faster onboard charger. While I do find frustrating infotainment to be exactly that -- frustrating -- I don't know if it's worth the 20k or 30k premium for a '22. From where I'm sitting, since no significant updates were made to the interior/exterior design or the propulsion system I'm ok with the pre-'22 models.

I've been lurking around reading up as much as I can but if anyone else wants to school a noob, I'd be more than happy to absorb your insights!

Welcome. No classifieds here as there aren't enough of us.
We've had an FE since late 2018. No plan on selling. I'd also consider a new i4 if I were you. The FE/HSE is nicer inside and can offroad, but the i4 has better handling and is more modern. Different.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
In previous updates, we've seen them appear in Europe first.

Still doesn't say they fix it from forgetting profiles, fixing SiriusXM automatic searches, or any other significant complaints from us. This is not something I will be anxious to receive.

· Registered
498 Posts
I still get complements on my 2019 all the time. I love the driving. Beware of the 12volt batteries failing. If you get an I-Pace read up on this forum how to make it less painful. General life time of the factory 12volt batteries is ~ 3 years. Most of the 2019s and 2020s should still have some warranty left.

· Registered
995 Posts
I haven’t test driven the EV6 but the GT line seems like a nice one!

it’s sad that you can’t measure driving dynamics like 0-60 times. I bet they drive differently

· Registered
827 Posts

I've got the video just for you!

· Registered
5 Posts
I have 2022 with 15k miles (bought it a year ago), haven’t had a single issue. I would also say I just pulled out of a parking lot with 4 teslas and two kia’s…nice to have something unique and I get compliments all the time. Jag makes you feel special because it is a special car…I still feel like a lot of dough to own a Kia or Tesla badge with a cheap interior/inferior driving dynamics. I would rather have something nice. Maybe just me, I’m a gear head too.

· Registered
995 Posts
It’s special. There aren’t many of them. Sometimes I feel like I’m a little too noticeable. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen an I pace in the 3 years it’s been out.

· Registered
479 Posts
I find the infotainment system quite functional in my 2020. Occasional issues when connecting my phone and using android auto but infrequent. I find the system fast enough and don't notice the so called lag most complain about.

· Registered
First Edition - Photon Red - 20"
37 Posts
My two finalists were down to a loaded Ioniq 5 AWD Limited or a used I-Pace. Availability was definitely a factor, but ultimately the I-Pace is a much more special vehicle, and I love that you don't see many around. I also now fully buy the hype that the I-Pace is one of the best driving EVs you can buy.

· Registered
15 Posts
I’m 4 weeks in on a 2020. It’s a special car for sure. A nearly 2.5 year old car people are confused as to how good looking it is, probably because they are so scarce I was the same when I saw one on holiday. Told my wife when we get home we’re getting one. I’m happy I bought anyway

· Registered
3 Posts

I happen to have a 2019 ipace HSE up for sale now. It gets CPO warranty until 03/2026 and have 19,600 miles. You can see the ad here:
2019 Jaguar I-PACE EV400 HSE AWD - $49,950 - CarGurus

call or text me at 6176537923 if interested. Thanks!

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I'm definitely leaning toward the I-Pace.

Here's a question that I might already know the answer to but I'll ask anyway: There are a few I-Paces scattered throughout the US with lemon law buyback branded titles. Some of which have documented repairs (mostly for the loss of power while driving issue -- probably 12v battery related) and are allegedly fixed with warranty to cover said repairs. It's kinda freaky to consider one of those examples but the warranty and the price differential are pretty compelling...

What say you all?

· Registered
995 Posts
I thought about buying an I pace lemon tooI figured a lot of them were early problems that Jaguar has since fixed or improved.

I ended up passing on one because I found a different deal. But if the price was right I would’ve bought one.

· Administrator
3,275 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I'm definitely leaning toward the I-Pace.

Here's a question that I might already know the answer to but I'll ask anyway: There are a few I-Paces scattered throughout the US with lemon law buyback branded titles. Some of which have documented repairs (mostly for the loss of power while driving issue -- probably 12v battery related) and are allegedly fixed with warranty to cover said repairs. It's kinda freaky to consider one of those examples but the warranty and the price differential are pretty compelling...

What say you all?
I would not outright discount looking at lemons. Of course the price has to be right, but more importantly the specifics are what's important. So to get good feedback from the crowd here I'd suggest you post specifics for the handful of cars that you're considering, if practical?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I would not outright discount looking at lemons. Of course the price has to be right, but more importantly the specifics are what's important. So to get good feedback from the crowd here I'd suggest you post specifics for the handful of cars that you're considering, if practical?
Been looking at a few but this one has popped up:

EDIT: Just realized this one doesn't have any sort of record of repair.... :(

· Registered
995 Posts
Been looking at a few but this one has popped up:

EDIT: Just realized this one doesn't have any sort of record of repair.... :(
That looks like a fully loaded SE. I remember some people ordered those instead of the HSE trim because it worked out better on leases or something. I’m not sure what you don’t have with the HSE compared to a loaded SE

1 - 20 of 48 Posts