Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The lease on my SQ5 will be expiring in February, and I’m the market for an I-Pace HSE. I live in NorCal but I had trouble finding good inventory where I’m at, so I reached out to a dealer out of state in Nashville. They provided the following deal sheet. On first glance, this seems like not a great deal. But I’ve been leasing Audis for the last decade so I’m less familiar with Jags generally, so I’m not sure what it is that I should be asking for here. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is this for a 2021 model year? Others here (myself included) have seen bigger cap cost reductions, but those were for 2019s that were sitting on the lot at the end of last year, so maybe not an apples to apples comparison. Is there a California rebate in there too? Without that it looks like they're offering you about $5,500 off if my math holds (~$13k - $7,500 federal EV rebate). When I leased my 2019 at this time last year many dealers were offering two to three times that cap cost reduction. Otherwise the money factor seems good (less than 1% APR).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi - thanks for replying. No, this is a 2020 model. I don’t believe I’ve seen any 2021s anywhere. 1,300 for this this car definitely seems way too high. The issue is inventory, as I’ve not been able to track down too many white HSEs in CA.

·
Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
99 Posts
Seems high to me. Jaguar South Bay in SoCal has a 2020 Borasco Gray SE. I think the SE has the sport seats, but you will have to verify this. It also has the black exterior pack which IMHO is necessary with the color/wheel combo. I spent about 5 minutes searching for one so there are probably more out there like you want. I am not affiliated with them. I checked my local dealer and they don’t show any online. I just googled Los Angeles Jaguar.

18-WAY HEATED & COOLED MEMORY POWERED FRONT SEATS,BORASCO GREY METALLIC,WHEELS: 20" 5 SPOKE GLOSS BLACK (STYLE 5068),Sun/Moonroof,PREMIUM INTERIOR PROTECTION PACK,Leather Seats,Navigation System,RADIO: MERIDIAN 825W SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM,BLACK EXTERIOR PACK,EBONY MORZINE HEADLINING,CONFIGURABLE AMBIENT INTERIOR LIGHTING,POWERED GESTURE TAILGATE,Lane Keeping Assist,Keyless Start,Bluetooth Connection,Rear Spoiler,Cooled Front Seat(s),All Wheel Drive,EBONY/LIGHT OYSTER STITCH; WINDSOR LEATHER SEAT TRIM

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am guessing you've driven an I-Pace with sports seats. If not, it's highly recommended to test drive it first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did test drive with the sports seats. They’re less adjustable but the increased support was good too. The one I tested also had the Alcantara steering wheel, which seems to be uncommon .

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
At first glance, that does not seem like a compelling deal at all. There is one member on here who picked up a lease at the dealership in SF for a crazy good deal; he never confirmed the price, but was originally looking to lease a Subaru if that offers any indication. I'm in Sacramento and bought mine here in June, with an effective discount of $17,500.

This should offer some help, though deals on I-Paces are not what they were a few months ago generally speaking: Best Electric Vehicle Price: Electrek's EV Price Guide - Electrek

If you search through their archives around September or October you should find articles about some really good deals; I believe a dealership in Florida had leases at around $500/mo without a ton of cash down.
Inventories have greatly reduced. In June there was over 1,200 nationally. Now we are down to 430. And not a single 2021 is listed yet.
On the 2021 front, I have a theory that there is no guarentee that we'll get them in the US. With so much uncertainty around the Jaguar brand, a huge sales slump, and brexit complications, they seem reluctant to commit to existing markets. Case in point, the only 2021 Jag model in the US right now is the F-Type. All refreshes for 2021 have been announced, but still aren't even live on the US configurator; months after the fact for many. I know COVID is slowing things down, but Jag typically releases new model years very early (e.g. the 2017 XE's started showing up in April of 2016 in the US). With their new CEO evaluating the future of the Jag brand, there could be more going on behind the scenes.

Case in point, if the I-PACE gets discontinued here, you're likely to see great deals. If it doesn't and 2021s (or at this point, 2022s) start to show up, you're likely to see more motivation to move existing inventory. Either way, you're likely better off waiting at this point.
And that's nothing to say about the 2021 model, which is much improved in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that analysis. Fortunately my existing SQ5 lease does not expire until February so I’ve got some time still.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard from from another dealer in NorCal today. The $1,160 is still quite high but it is slightly better than the Nashville figures...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like a bad deal to me. I leased a 2019 I Pace in the Seattle area this summer. $697 a month for 12k miles/taxes for 3 years with a total of $5,500 down. Residual was $27k or so. They had 2020 lease deals for $899 (plus excess mileage and taxes, so around $1k) on the 2020s, but the extra $300 a month for the model year 2020 wasn’t worth it for me.
I would wait for a better deal or at least get the Updated model year 21 at those prices.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
Aquisition fee is standard for leases and covers the cost of returning the vehicle.

This second quote is better, but still not a terribly compelling lease. I'd be curious what the moneyfactor is; Jag dealerships are allowed to inflate by up to 100 basis points. The ednmunds i-pace lease forums typically have info on current manufacturer incentives, residual values, and money factors. Great resource.
At $94k this is a very loaded I-Pace, so it's not directly comparable to some of the other advertised lease deals, where MSRPs are typically ~$20k.
Just something to keep in mind is that Jag's (and particularly the I-Pace) do not lease well at all because of low residual values. It's rare to get a deal that's comparable to other more mass market brands (e.g. BMW), but I have seen situations where highly motivated dealers have discounted heavily enough to classify the car as a "deal." With low inventories and no 2021s, you might struggle to reproduce those results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi All,

The lease on my SQ5 will be expiring in February, and I’m the market for an I-Pace HSE. I live in NorCal but I had trouble finding good inventory where I’m at, so I reached out to a dealer out of state in Nashville. They provided the following deal sheet. On first glance, this seems like not a great deal. But I’ve been leasing Audis for the last decade so I’m less familiar with Jags generally, so I’m not sure what it is that I should be asking for here. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.
View attachment 5078
Last February, I leased a 2020 HSE with approximately the same sticker price as this.

With $1,000 out of pocket, which included dealer fees and registration, my payments are $1,105 per month (39 months), including tax. Bear in mind that interest rates were higher then than they are now.

I could have paid slightly less at another dealer but the car I leased had the EXACT color, trim and options that I wanted, including the 22" wheels that were a 'must have' for me. It was the only one with that spec in the whole SE region!

Hope this helps.

Roger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts