Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, after hearing about the huge mark offs and following some very useful information in the forum, I was able to score a brand new First Edition from a SoCal dealer. I negotiated amongst 6-8 dealers and used their quotes to compete with each other and one dealer had only one 2019 left and budged a little more than the rest. 😁 I noticed that some models from certain dealers already “punched in” and activated the warranty, I was going to use that to further negotiate my deal but they haven’t activated it for this car yet so I’m happy to get the full 5yr/60k mile warranty!

Photon Red! Originally I wanted white or black or gray, but I decided that the price was the most important factor so this was the only one that this dealer had. But this color is growing on me and I actually like it more and more. However, I am going to wrap it in Satin/Matte Black in the near future, I just Like that satin/matte black SUV look more.

I will Definitely post more pictures later especially after wrapping it. But for now here it is charging on our way back to NorCal!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
522 Posts
Welcome, from a fellow photon red FE owner. The color does grow on you. Give it a chance and you may be able to save the cost of a wrap.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woohoo, awesome! Welcome, another Bay Area owner, yeah! 👍 🍺
New car or preowned?
Thank you! I was only considering new in order to get the $7500 fed tax credit and this one still has the full 5yr/60k mile warranty!

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, from a fellow photon red FE owner. The color does grow on you. Give it a chance and you may be able to save the cost of a wrap.
Thanks! I’ve done a wrap before so I’d just Have to spend the $500 on the 3M wrap. To be honest I really enjoy the color especially on our drive back, and I’d love to keep the car as is, but kinda attracts too much attention 😝

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Gonna have to start a new site, Bay Area Photons. What city?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey now wait a minute, you can't exclude all the black and white and grey and blue ones! We have the same rights!
...and yes it’s all about diversity and inclusion!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey now wait a minute, you can't exclude all the black and white and grey and blue ones! We have the same rights!
You people with your privilege. You think that just because somebody else gets something you don't get that suddenly you're being discriminated against. Pshaw! ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I’m Over in East bay Dublin/Pleasanton/Livermore Area.
I'm in Castro Valley. I would avoid Livermore Jag. Just had a horrible experience. Really sad.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
522 Posts
I’d love to keep the car as is, but kinda attracts too much attention 😝
What's wrong with attracting attention. 🙂
I get lots of favorable comments regarding the color, and you'll never have trouble finding it in the parking lot, a snow bank, or even a moonless night.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
We play tennis in a gated community we're not members of. The gate guards see me coming and just open the gate. I don't even have to say hi or roll down the window anymore. Social distancing PhoTon Win (PhTW?).

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in Castro Valley. I would avoid Livermore Jag. Just had a horrible experience. Really sad.
That's too bad, as I work in Livermore so I was thinking to take it there. I guess the silver lining is we don’t need to take it in until 2 years!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts