Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!! Picked up my Silver HSE last Tuesday at the Jaguar Dealer in Mobile. Was a really nice experience. Good people to work with. They still have 2 more '19s on the lot and one '20 in case you know someone looking.

Love the car so far. Traded in a 2014 M6 Competition so the performance is nothing new, but man this thing can get the torque to the road so much better than the M6. I am guessing 0 - 50 the I-Pace is faster, past that the M6 will close the gap quickly and leave it behind. That said, I love driving the I-Pace more than the M6. It handles just as good and is so much more comfortable and practical. Looking forward to learning all about the new Jag and seeing what it can do.

Getting a Level 2 charger installed next week. Until then, just living with the trickle charger.

Have a nice day !!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this forum, can I actually embed an image or do I need to get some web hosting account to attach a link?

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
just drag your jpeg (or whatever, I don't know off the top of my head which formats are acceptable) into the box

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
Congrats! I have a Maserati Granturismo MC and I just might sell it now that I have the I-Pace!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congrats. Lots of drag races on YouTube comparing ICE vehicles to EVs. Instant full torque hard to beat off the line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome! Great group with lots of help when needed.

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with SciGeek - get the ceramic and do it now before anything happens to the paint - which is soft .
Dealer offered it for $995 including protecting the interior surfaces, but I don't know what they use or who actually does it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hard to tell what brand/level of ceramic they would use and how good they are. I took mine just after it arrived to a known detailing shop that does a lot of these. I already had a few scratches from the transport from the NY dealer. I did pay more than that even without the interior but I like the results. I’ve posted pic a few other places here so will not subject readers to seeing them again .

·
Registered
968 Posts
I agree with SciGeek - get the ceramic and do it now before anything happens to the paint - which is soft .
My paint is 4.3 to 4.5mils which is very thin. Most European cars in the mid 5s

First thing is I tell people is get PPF for the front bumper and ceramic coating for the car.
Generally speaking, dealers use the cheapest coating and they have to make a profit on it.
Paint needs to be perfect before applying so prep can be costly.
My car was sitting so long on the lot that it costs more to correct the paint than to coat it

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My paint is 4.3 to 4.5mils which is very thin. Most European cars in the mid 5s

First thing is I tell people is get PPF for the front bumper and ceramic coating for the car.
Generally speaking, dealers use the cheapest coating and they have to make a profit on it.
Paint needs to be perfect before applying so prep can be costly.
My car was sitting so long on the lot that it costs more to correct the paint than to coat it
Probably the case with mine as well. I'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts