Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have updated my TCU and infotainment to the latest version but wattcat still shows 18.2. On my car it says 19.2.
My infotainment has not updated from 20A, but I also have 19.2 in the car display and 18.2 on WattCat.

ETA: 20C came through on Nov. 12.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I created an account in Topix. It says no outstanding campaigns. My tcu is still on 14.2. Where do I see what needs updating?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've noticed much faster boot times for the infotainment the past 10x I started the car.
Could be a fluke, but has anyone else experienced this?

It starts up almost immediately instead of the 10 to 30 seconds it usually takes.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
I agree. It boots up a lot faster after being off for more than 15 minutes. Navigation is still slow to start up, but it is not out-of-line with a hand-held/portable GPS device boot up time.

The system isn't fully off for the less than 15 minute time period so it is an "instant on" in that period (except for re-acquiring GPS, radio, WIFI and phone signals).

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've noticed much faster boot times for the infotainment the past 10x I started the car.
Could be a fluke, but has anyone else experienced this?

It starts up almost immediately instead of the 10 to 30 seconds it usually takes.
Yup, I think I’ve noticed that too, but maybe not quite as dramatic as your experience.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yup, I think I’ve noticed that too, but maybe not quite as dramatic as your experience.
Turned on instantly this morning after being off overnight.
Then came back 30min later and it was a slow boot up, black screen on the AC screen, then booted up.
So it was a fluke, but it's still faster with the update

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I created an account in Topix. It says no outstanding campaigns. My tcu is still on 14.2. Where do I see what needs updating?
You can't unless there is a specific campaign associated with the release, and typically there isn't. It's a screen that's only dealers can access that shows the latest OTA version, and the one your car is running.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
522 Posts
....I should note that I installed this while driving, probably not a great idea. I was listening to a station on XM and it played fine throughout. However once I tried to change XM channels, I lost XM entirely until I parked, locked the car and came back 1/2 hour later. All was back to normal then.
Strange. 🤔
I uploaded and installed on Thursday. Drove into work on Friday and everything was good. As I pulled out of the parking lot on the way home, I changed XM channels and lost ALL audio in the car. By ALL I mean media, phone, warning beeps from the sensors and even the beep when you turn the car off. Nothing was coming out of the speakers.
Got in this morning. Unlocked and opened the door, hit the on button and XM was back playing where it had been Friday AM. Everything back to normal.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I received 19.2 and S20C via OTA yesterday. My BECS software did not change, but for this user in Norway it did. This is the first evidence I've seen of the BCM being updated via OTA!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Strange. 🤔
I uploaded and installed on Thursday. Drove into work on Friday and everything was good. As I pulled out of the parking lot on the way home, I changed XM channels and lost ALL audio in the car. By ALL I mean media, phone, warning beeps from the sensors and even the beep when you turn the car off. Nothing was coming out of the speakers.
Got in this morning. Unlocked and opened the door, hit the on button and XM was back playing where it had been Friday AM. Everything back to normal.
Interesting. So maybe my installing it while driving had nothing to do with the loss of my XM. Maybe it needs to do this once and you’re done. 😉

·
Registered
271 Posts
Update S20C_20.43 came through this morning. No calls to the dealer. No emails to JLR.
Previous update came through August 11th. Guess the JLR cycles through their fleet with "everyone" getting their update at a certain part of the cycle.
That's about when I got it also. 24 megs, pretty quick, no issues or obvious changes. That other one, no though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What I have learned with regards to SOTA updates on my 2019 First Edition:
  1. With no active AT&T account all my downloads are done using home WiFi.
  2. Processor is slow, slow, slow so do not be thinking the system is like your smartphone. It is so slow, slow, slow one tends to think it is not even working at times.
  3. Once a WiFi connection is made, pay attention to its small icon on the touch screen (see attached photo) and notice if is it is outlined in white. This will assure an automatic connection is made once you are range. HOWEVER, remember the processor is slow, slow, slow and you must be patient and wait for the WiFi symbol to appear in the upper right hand corner (in the photo attached there is no WiFi connection).
  4. SOTA updates seem to be pushed by VIN number and the dealer must log into TOPIX and authorize the push. I have no idea why this is the situation as Tesla is not that way. You snooze you loose and not getting them to authorize means no updates will be there when you check for them. You can go to Topix here and check for outstanding campaigns by VIN although you cannot login and the check seems not to show the software updates which might be available for your vehicle. The confusion only starts here.
  5. After checking for software updates they must be downloaded. The confusion continues here. It is not clear to me but it appears as though, if the WiFi icon (see 3 above) has a box around it, downloads appear to happen when ignition is off and car is locked. If the dealer pushed the download it just magically lets you know its available when you turn on the ignition. The message shown is cryptic since it is highly likely the reason you turned on the ignition is because you are ready to drive somewhere. The implication is this is not the right time to install the update. How does one exit the dialogue notice of an update? "Remind me later" seems correct. Dismissing it might result in another notice in the future. Install now cannot be done as you are about to drive away. Updating takes time and the vehicle must be locked with the ignition turned off. The confusion continues.
  6. If you picked "remind me later," I think every time you turn the ignition off the dialogue box reappears and the confusion continues. I would select "remind me later" again until you get home, are in WiFi Range, and ready to finally select "Install Now." The confusion continues again since the processor is slow, slow, slow. Remember you just turned the ignition off and the dialogue box appeared. This means that after selecting "Install Now" you must wait, wait, wait, for the pre-conditioning message to appear and simply exit the vehicle. Do not waste time thinking of pushing the start button because you will turn the ignition on again and nothing will happen with regards to updating.
  7. The latest versions of both software updates are shown in the attached photos. The infotainment update did not update in twenty minutes and remained in "updating software" showing when any checks were made. It did not even finish overnight and continued while I was driving (no effect on using that system though). Then magically the update completed.
My take way message from this post. The slow, slow, slow processor speed coupled with confusing dialogue boxes makes the updating protocol difficult to learn. I could have it all wrong and please understand this is only my experience and my opinion. Anyone out there have something to add which might help us all?

By the way, the newer year models (and I believe the 2021) finally has a faster processor but how much faster I do not know. In addition there is now a panoramic rear view camera and a dual functioning mirror that can act as a monitor for that cabers. Gee a good idea which is a a standard feature of the cheap cheap cheap Chevrolet Bolt BEV. This industry is five years behind your smartphone. Get used to it.

Nonetheless this is the greatest driving luxury BEV and when behind the wheel all this nonsense goes away. Software updates are extremely important and something which is only a PIA for the dealers. Waiting for the equivalent of the Tesla "Sentry" mode provided there are enough cameras to support that functionality.
I also have a 2019 FE, and although I do have ATT for my cell and home service, I do not have a separate service for the Jag.

I thought I needed to stay in the driveway to be in range of my home wifi signal for downloads, but I'm able to download on the road driving also. (Commentary here suggests no dedicated car account is required for SOTA.)

The speeds seem to run about 10 minutes for completing the downloads and the same for the install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had SOTA downloads for 19.2 & S20C several days ago.

Boot-up to show Nav Screen & WiFi Icon takes only a few seconds from an overnight sleep and the same time for a reboot after a 1 minute sleep. Boot-up used to feel slower before.

Birds eye view of the car in Landscape is much larger now, it fully fills one half of the screen, it was tiny before. Double Tap for zoom seems new / better too.

Any one noticing any other enhancements?

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: PS702 and Ken

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
134 Posts
I noticed that my I-Pace has directional indicators on the rear camera view when backing since the update. They weren’t there before.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts