Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL ... I just got the upgrade from 18.2 to 19.2 this evening, but my inControl is still back at 20A.

I think JLR is punking us.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the Software updated pushed to my car today, including the battery software 19.2. Do not now the details yet of any significant improvement.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
26 Posts
Didn't notice much difference except today Android auto got stuck and no audio from anything on my way home. Wifi connect to my house and mobile Hotspot also not working. Will try again.
i had this once before the update. Had to power off and wait about 3 mins. Was a little annoying.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It has happened a couple times preupdate. Havent noticed any functional difference yet. Twice now since the update. I'm also stuck on tcu 14.2.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
134 Posts
It is interesting that there isn’t more consistency on the software updates. Why wouldn’t Jaguar push the same updates out to all cars? I have the latest infotainment update as of this week, but my vehicle control system software is version 16.2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In case anyone is interested, these are the release notes both for IMC and TCU:

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFTWARE VERSION: S20C_20.43.1-618886,
ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BD (G2768778)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 20C

Software Release Date: 2020-10-29

NOTE
THE SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS RELEASE NOTE IS AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS - Software Over The Air (SOTA)

This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release
Issues fixed in this release

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE

CAMERAS
Camera settings will now be remembered across ignition cycles.

ECO DATA SCREEN
Eco Data journey duration will now show the value from the start of the journey not the start of the Eco Data
session.

(ELECTRIC AND PHEV VEHICLES ONLY)
GOODBYE SCREEN
On 'Goodbye screen' timed changing text to display instead of combined range.

PHONE
The recent call list date format will now match the format on the users phone.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

4X4I
4x4i screen will now update when the theme is changed.

AUDIO
When using Spotify with Android Auto the volume control work correctly.

CONNECTED MEDIA
Media will always start playing and the media tile will be available straight away at start up.

(INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO VEHICLES ONLY)
CLIMATE SCREEN
Improved stability of the climate screen.

ECO DATA
Eco Data units will now match the cluster units.

MY ELECTRIC VEHICLE
SAVE and CHARGE buttons are no longer disappearing in Energy screen of My Electric Vehicle (EV).

(REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT VEHICLES ONLY)
MASSAGE SEATS
Improved rear seat massage control system stability.

(JAPANESE NAVIGATION VEHICLES ONLY )
NAVIGATION
Maps can be updated again in the release

SEE THROUGH HOOD
Back button will now work when 'See Through Bonnet' is launched from camera view.

RADIO
The Issue of the Radio not playing audio for an ignition cycle as been fixed.

SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR (SOTA)
Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) and Infotainment Slave Controller (ISC) can now be updated with SOTA even of
one of them is already at the latest level
Telematic Control Unit Module (TCU)updates over SOTA will not display the progress pop up when it is not required
any more.

(INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO VEHICLES ONLY)
SYSTEM
Improved lower Touchscreen stability

SYSTEM
Time issues with the clock on the touchscreen have now been corrected.

(ELECTRIC AND PHEV VEHICLES ONLY)
TIMED CHARGING
Preferred Charging Period feature will no longer reactivate when it should not.

USB CONNECTIVITY
USB device detection improvements.

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

For TCU 19.2 the release notes show just this:

Issues fixed in this release:
Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) Activation Failure

THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI) ACTIVATION FAILURE
When completing the PDI process the TCU transitions between pre-activated to activated state, this process was
failing due to a time out issue with the server. The new software release includes an extended retry and time expiry.

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Called to get the update pushed to my car. An hour later I get a notification from Wattcat on an update with release notes.
I turn on the car and update apears ready to download

@ardevd is the man

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition
41 Posts
What I have learned with regards to SOTA updates on my 2019 First Edition:
  1. With no active AT&T account all my downloads are done using home WiFi.
  2. Processor is slow, slow, slow so do not be thinking the system is like your smartphone. It is so slow, slow, slow one tends to think it is not even working at times.
  3. Once a WiFi connection is made, pay attention to its small icon on the touch screen (see attached photo) and notice if is it is outlined in white. This will assure an automatic connection is made once you are range. HOWEVER, remember the processor is slow, slow, slow and you must be patient and wait for the WiFi symbol to appear in the upper right hand corner (in the photo attached there is no WiFi connection).
  4. SOTA updates seem to be pushed by VIN number and the dealer must log into TOPIX and authorize the push. I have no idea why this is the situation as Tesla is not that way. You snooze you loose and not getting them to authorize means no updates will be there when you check for them. You can go to Topix here and check for outstanding campaigns by VIN although you cannot login and the check seems not to show the software updates which might be available for your vehicle. The confusion only starts here.
  5. After checking for software updates they must be downloaded. The confusion continues here. It is not clear to me but it appears as though, if the WiFi icon (see 3 above) has a box around it, downloads appear to happen when ignition is off and car is locked. If the dealer pushed the download it just magically lets you know its available when you turn on the ignition. The message shown is cryptic since it is highly likely the reason you turned on the ignition is because you are ready to drive somewhere. The implication is this is not the right time to install the update. How does one exit the dialogue notice of an update? "Remind me later" seems correct. Dismissing it might result in another notice in the future. Install now cannot be done as you are about to drive away. Updating takes time and the vehicle must be locked with the ignition turned off. The confusion continues.
  6. If you picked "remind me later," I think every time you turn the ignition off the dialogue box reappears and the confusion continues. I would select "remind me later" again until you get home, are in WiFi Range, and ready to finally select "Install Now." The confusion continues again since the processor is slow, slow, slow. Remember you just turned the ignition off and the dialogue box appeared. This means that after selecting "Install Now" you must wait, wait, wait, for the pre-conditioning message to appear and simply exit the vehicle. Do not waste time thinking of pushing the start button because you will turn the ignition on again and nothing will happen with regards to updating.
  7. The latest versions of both software updates are shown in the attached photos. The infotainment update did not update in twenty minutes and remained in "updating software" showing when any checks were made. It did not even finish overnight and continued while I was driving (no effect on using that system though). Then magically the update completed.
My take way message from this post. The slow, slow, slow processor speed coupled with confusing dialogue boxes makes the updating protocol difficult to learn. I could have it all wrong and please understand this is only my experience and my opinion. Anyone out there have something to add which might help us all?

By the way, the newer year models (and I believe the 2021) finally has a faster processor but how much faster I do not know. In addition there is now a panoramic rear view camera and a dual functioning mirror that can act as a monitor for that cabers. Gee a good idea which is a a standard feature of the cheap cheap cheap Chevrolet Bolt BEV. This industry is five years behind your smartphone. Get used to it.

Nonetheless this is the greatest driving luxury BEV and when behind the wheel all this nonsense goes away. Software updates are extremely important and something which is only a PIA for the dealers. Waiting for the equivalent of the Tesla "Sentry" mode provided there are enough cameras to support that functionality.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
My car was not connected to WiFi. When I turned it on, I saw the update message, started downloading, then I started driving for 40min, got the destination, turned off the car.

I came back to the car after an hour to leave, turned on the car and the update showed up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
got mine by SOTA last night.
I looked for the update in 'SETTINGS' and pulled it when available. It wasn't pushed to me, but I expect it would have been in the coming days.
I can't tell you, yet, whether the new version makes much difference.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
WIFI is not required. Personal SIM is not required. According to the doc, it will use WIFI if available but it will use the TCU's unlimited data eSIM for all other times.

SOTA does have to be enabled in TOPIx. I cannot definitively say if a dealer does that/should do that during PDI or if Jaguar got wise and enabled for all. I don't see any dealer would go in and turn it off after the initial enabling.

A call to a dealer may get them to go into TOPIx and click the icon to reload SOTA eligible software. That would hasten the delivery over waiting for the delivery to happen according to Jaguar's schedule. Their servers (or third party servers if they are using them around the world) probably can't support updating all vehicles at the same time. They are pushing out the same software to all (capable) Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. Pushing it out over time according to location and server load makes sense.

I got the update a couple of days ago without calling a dealer. I did check for software update and got the Infotainment update. I have not received 19.2 TCU software but I got 18.2 last year so I don't have any rush for it. My cat was not connected to WIFI (forgotten password again even though it was reentered the day before) during the download.

The process does say it will be installed after the car is shut down. I did shutdown the car once it said it was downloaded and ready to install. When I returned later (more than a half hour later), I powered up the car. A check of software level still showed the old version. I let it sit, powered up and several minutes later a message came down from the top saying the software had updated. A recheck showed the new software version. From this, it appeared that the power had to be shut off and on, but the "15 minute" install actually took place after the power on. I agree with the statement that the wording of the dialog/process does not match the actual experience.

Advice: Either check for the update periodically or wait for the message of availability to appear. Select the "install now" and then don't worry about it. Go about your normal usage of the car. Eventually the message will appear that the software is installed. Instant gratification is not a feature of this process (as stated above).

·
Registered
849 Posts
WOW! Go Ken! Your Kitty is our unicorn :)
Deutsch, it's funny, but this is exactly like what I experienced with Tesla. With Tesla I'd get some updates near the head of the pack and with others I was way down the list and waited for a month or more. With JLR, the last update took forever for me to get and with this one I got it very early. Go figure.

I should note that I installed this while driving, probably not a great idea. I was listening to a station on XM and it played fine throughout. However once I tried to change XM channels, I lost XM entirely until I parked, locked the car and came back 1/2 hour later. All was back to normal then.

·
Registered
2020 S
68 Posts
My car received 20C today, but I'm still on 16.2. I haven't driven anywhere since Wednesday, so I don't know how long it's been available.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts