Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it was released around two days ago. I've already seen one person on the UK forums who has received it via OTA. Release notes are as follows:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Funny enough I took my car in today to do winter wheels and asked for tcu update. Got infotainment update I think. TCU still 14.2 though - go figure.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My tech told me about this update a few months ago. Said it will make a significant update
Let's see if that's the case.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
222 Posts
Didn't notice much difference except today Android auto got stuck and no audio from anything on my way home. Wifi connect to my house and mobile Hotspot also not working. Will try again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just called my service department and they were able to push both 20C and TCU 19.2 to my car OTA. Took just a few mins. Not sure why it says no software update available when I pressed check for update on my own. They said SOTA was turned on. Pretty straight forward and easy to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,361 Posts
Nice!

I just don't understand it at all. Why doesn't this just work automatically? It's beyond moronic that this doesn't happen automatically. All the dealer does is flip a digital switch. Why can't JLR just do that? Have I mentioned that this is beyond idiotic? expletive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice!

I just don't understand it at all. Why doesn't this just work automatically? It's beyond moronic that this doesn't happen automatically. All the dealer does is flip a digital switch. Why can't JLR just do that? Have I mentioned that this is beyond idiotic? expletive
Definitely don't understand why updates require a call to the service department. I'm glad I didn't have to go physically to the service department though. I called the dealer that I purchased my I-Pace from in California (Hoehn Jaguar Carlsbad) since my local dealer in Honolulu requires a 1 month advance appointment for updates. I've read on another post that some users were receiving emails regarding this update will be available soon. However, I did not receive any emails. I believe any Jaguar dealer service department should be able to push the update OTA to anyone (not confirmed), so if you'd like, you can try to give Jaguar Carlsbad a call since they know exactly what to do. Just ask for a software update over the air for your I-Pace for both the infotainment system and the TCU.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
710 Posts
Nice!

TWO SOTA and both times I had to call and ask the dealer, and they had to manually push them through even though they confirmed my car is set for automatic SOTA. JLR is absurd!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Has anyone checked Topix to see if these updates are now showing?
Just checked my Topix and nothing for me

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice!

I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's because JLR is trying to play it conservatively and slow roll these. Eventually everyone will get these updates; it's in JLR's best interest to avoid fragementation as much as possible. Naturally JLR has a long history of buggy software updates, and any significant missteps could be extremely problematic and also overwhelm dealers if they do a mass push.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
710 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how SOTA works with your Defender ... keep us posted
Yes, it will be interesting. Although the Defender not being an EV, we have not even bothered checking was version the Telematics or Infotainment is. It is very freeing NOT caring about updates :)

Yesterday whilst driving, our Taycan popped up a SOTA notification. We accepted it, and in under 10 mins it was installed and done. I wish Jaguar could do OTA updates like Tesla and Porsche; easy, no stress, no asking for anything, no fighting with the dealer....

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
My Jaguar dealer installed the latest SOTA update for me today while my car was in for service. I didn't really notice any difference on my drive home compared to the previous version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got 20B automatically about 3 months after it was first reported in this forum. I guess calling the dealer can speed up the process.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
Update S20C_20.43 came through this morning. No calls to the dealer. No emails to JLR.
Previous update came through August 11th. Guess the JLR cycles through their fleet with "everyone" getting their update at a certain part of the cycle.

·
Super Moderator
2,361 Posts
If I understand correctly, it's the TCU update that triggers the note from JLR (because you can't drive during the update), not the infotainment one (where you can drive).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Got the InControl update this afternoon. But no Vehicle Control update. Then again, I'm still at TCU 14.2, I think since it doesn't show any version whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts