Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have purchased a 2018 I-Pace SE, Cesium Blue in Oyster trim. 20" wheels back in December. Have done about 8,000km so for included one trip from Canberra to Brisbane return(1300km each way). Come home in 1 day which was about 17 hours with 5 stops for charging on the 50kW DC ones scattered down the coast. Biggest distance was 340km which it just made (noting 120km/h and 35-45 Dec C outside temp).
very happy with it. Only weird issue I notice is sometimes the centre screen wont start up or it freezes on the reverse camera. Can need a restart to fix. Have had it happen once with the cruise control and had to stop and restart the car to sort it out.
Only think I'm really disappointed about is no tow bar in Australia. will have to investigate importing one from the UK but need to make sure they didn't manufacture the car without the wiring look for the tow bar in Aust. spec.
cheers
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Previous EV's. Sold the 2015 BMW i3 for the Jag but also have a 2016 BMW 300e. Balance all the greeny factor with a 2003 Ford Falcon BA GT (5.4l)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi All,
I have purchased a 2018 I-Pace SE, Cesium Blue in Oyster trim. 20" wheels back in December. Have done about 8,000km so for included one trip from Canberra to Brisbane return(1300km each way). Come home in 1 day which was about 17 hours with 5 stops for charging on the 50kW DC ones scattered down the coast. Biggest distance was 340km which it just made (noting 120km/h and 35-45 Dec C outside temp).
very happy with it. Only weird issue I notice is sometimes the centre screen wont start up or it freezes on the reverse camera. Can need a restart to fix. Have had it happen once with the cruise control and had to stop and restart the car to sort it out.
Only think I'm really disappointed about is no tow bar in Australia. will have to investigate importing one from the UK but need to make sure they didn't manufacture the car without the wiring look for the tow bar in Aust. spec.
cheers
Dave
Glad you like your car, Dave. Did your dealer update the infotainment system with the latest software? Early on there were numerous reports of blank touchscreens and frozen back up camera but the new software fixed many of those issues. Before the software updates I would wait until the touchscreen displayed the main menu before putting the car in gear which seemed to work well. I also would try and start the car before the Jaguar symbol disappeared from the touchscreen and this seemed to speed things along. I noticed a long lag before the touchscreen would display when putting kids into their car seats and the Jaguar symbol would disappear during the process.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi All,
cheers
Dave
Glad you're liking your I-Pace.

I sometimes have the backup camera stay on also (although I've had the software update). It isn't exactly frozen there, however, since touching the 'back' button on the bottom left returns to the main screen. I wonder if you've tried that? Might work. That normally only happens (and rarely) after a quick stop and restart of the car around five minutes later, I find.

So you bought a 2018 model in December of 2019? From a dealer, new, or pre-owned? I'm slightly surprised if dealers still had 2018s that late.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts