Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I purchased a new 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE last month, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the vehicle. So far, my wife and I are loving it.

Dennis

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello everyone. I purchased a new 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE last month, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the vehicle. So far, my wife and I are loving it.

Dennis
Sounds good. We will have to have a mini meetup one of these days.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm always up for a meet up. I'm very active in Porsche Club of America in the Denver area, and I really enjoy meeting other owners and enthusiasts. I assume there's something similar for Jaguar owners, or maybe for I-Pace owners.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
214 Posts
Hi Dennis C! It's a pleasant surprise to see you've made it here too. I haven't been on the Porsche forums since last year... same user name if you happen to remember me :). I find I miss driving the 911 quite a bit and was just beginning to consider a return a few days ago. Do you still have that amazing Turbo S?

To others here: I've always considered Dennis one of the most level-headed and helpful contributors on the Porsche forums for many years (things get a lot more raucous there!) and I'm certainly glad to see him here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello from Canada. Welcome. Hope you got a decent discount. Unfortunately little discounting up here.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dennis C! It's a pleasant surprise to see you've made it here too. I haven't been on the Porsche forums since last year... same user name if you happen to remember me :). I find I miss driving the 911 quite a bit and was just beginning to consider a return a few days ago. Do you still have that amazing Turbo S?

To others here: I've always considered Dennis one of the most level-headed and helpful contributors on the Porsche forums for many years (things get a lot more raucous there!) and I'm certainly glad to see him here.
Thanks for that! I do remember you from the Porsche boards!
I still have the Turbo S cabriolet, and I still love it. I think you should jump back into the Porsche world. I’m finding the combination of a 911 and an I-Pace in the garage to be very nice.

Have you enjoyed the I-Pace overall? We really like ours so far.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello from Canada. Welcome. Hope you got a decent discount. Unfortunately little discounting up here.
Thanks! Here in Colorado, the dealers are discounting pretty aggressively if you’re willing to take a car off their lot. I decided to take advantage of that. Our HSE has most of the options that I’d pick if I ordered on to my specifications, but not all of them. The discount was significant enough that it didn’t matter too much.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
214 Posts
Thanks for that! I do remember you from the Porsche boards!
I still have the Turbo S cabriolet, and I still love it. I think you should jump back into the Porsche world. I’m finding the combination of a 911 and an I-Pace in the garage to be very nice.

Have you enjoyed the I-Pace overall? We really like ours so far.
I really like it a lot and think it is very well done overall and the aesthetics are great, But I would still love to have a 911 in the stable too (a Turbo S would certainly do the trick!).

Although many think of the I-Pace being fast and nimble, and it certainly is for what it is, after having had 911s and sport bikes (S1000RR for one) that are much quicker still and can hit over 1G in the curves, I still miss that extreme level of performance at times. I've always had a need for speed. (More of a "need for quick" to be honest). I also miss autocrossing. I guess I could still do that but it doesn't seem quite like the right car for it. I am considering a relatively inexpensive autocross tuner car for that...something to dabble with and drive.

In any case they are certainly two different beasts with each having its own best uses.

Unfortunately my more financially-conservative wife doesn't quite see a third big $ car as an option.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a Turbo S would be perfect for you. It would be a bit hard to go back to the I-Pace and have to deal with less torque, but I think you'd manage. o_O

I had a FVD tune installed in my Turbo S, and it's now at 635 HP and 620 lb/ft of torque, with a 0 - 60 time well under 3 seconds. It's nuts. The I-Pace will out accelerate most cars on the road today, but not all. I drove the Porsche over the weekend with the top down, and I will admit that it was nice to hear the burbles and pops from the exhaust. It's very different from the EV experience, but also awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts