Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings i-Pace forum,

As early adopters, we received delivery of our i-Pace HE in January 2019, apparently we were the 5th or 6th delivery in the Vancouver area. We've had a few problems with the vehicle over the past 18 months, one big electrical issue (resolved by Jaguar though it took 6 weeks) and a tree fell on the car (obviously not Jag's fault). But the tree showed how strong the car is. Attached is a picture of our i-Pace under the tree. We drove the car for 6 months before getting it fixed with no issues.

Since the recent software upgrade we show approximately 400 km (249 miles) per charge but less in the winter, of course. Our rate of usage on the dash is showing 21.1kWh/100km (2.9 miles/kWh) which equates quite favourably to the i-Pace's 84.7 kWh usable battery. Since COVID we've mostly been driving highway miles on a mountain highway so we're not displeased with the mileage.

The charging infrastructure isn't bad where we live because the government owned electric utility have made a commitment to increase dc chargers but we haven't gone on any trips greater than about 3 hours. We also have one of the greenest grids in Canada.

After 18 months we still enjoy the attention our i-Pace gets.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, I hate to see a big tree on that Jag! Welcome and I am glad everything has worked out. Great info here for most items, but I have not seen anything about repairing the car after a tree crushed the car. LOL.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
Normally we read about a cat stuck up a tree and have a happy ending. This is a little different since the tree approached the cat. It is a relief to read that it had a happy ending too.

The cat is down to 8 lives left and has a loving owner. Clearly the tree is a bit suspended above the bonnet instead of falling completely on it. I'm curious about pictures after the cat was rescued, too.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a many long and safe walks with the kitty.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Greetings i-Pace forum,

As early adopters, we received delivery of our i-Pace HE in January 2019, apparently we were the 5th or 6th delivery in the Vancouver area. We've had a few problems with the vehicle over the past 18 months, one big electrical issue (resolved by Jaguar though it took 6 weeks) and a tree fell on the car (obviously not Jag's fault). But the tree showed how strong the car is. Attached is a picture of our i-Pace under the tree. We drove the car for 6 months before getting it fixed with no issues.

Since the recent software upgrade we show approximately 400 km (249 miles) per charge but less in the winter, of course. Our rate of usage on the dash is showing 21.1kWh/100km (2.9 miles/kWh) which equates quite favourably to the i-Pace's 84.7 kWh usable battery. Since COVID we've mostly been driving highway miles on a mountain highway so we're not displeased with the mileage.

The charging infrastructure isn't bad where we live because the government owned electric utility have made a commitment to increase dc chargers but we haven't gone on any trips greater than about 3 hours. We also have one of the greenest grids in Canada.

After 18 months we still enjoy the attention our i-Pace gets.

Cheers,

John

View attachment 4294
Welcome from another Canadian. Unbelievable photo - impressed the car wasnt totalled. I'm getting about 22kwh/100km mostly highway commuting 30km one way in the summer heat. That's with 22 inch wheels. Happy with range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's quite the photo! Do you have one with the tree removed? What was the damage and what did they have to repair?
The tree bent the frame (particularly noticeable at the A pillar and you could see alignment issues with the hood and charge port door though we got through a typically we Vancouver winter with no leaks), cracked a headlight and damaged the windshield enough to require replacing. Total repair cost was just south of $17k Canadian - the headlight alone was $4k.

Here's a picture when she was new.
20200723_094553.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts