Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally have to set a departure time on my I-Pace to get my ChargePoint Home Charger to wake up my I-Pace so that it can initiate a scheduled charge. However, thanks to sheltering-in-place and not driving much theses days, I forgot to follow this routine and simply scheduled a charge using the ChargePoint mobile app. To my surprise, my I-Pace charged as scheduled. I confirmed this outcome by repeating it a second time. I don’t know who solved this long term issue, ChargePoint or Jaguar, but the former has had numerous updates of its mobile app and I’m on H264 & latest SOTA Infotainment update S20A.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Tried the ChargePoint Flex app to set scheduled charging as a result of a just announced, reduced late night BEV charging rates for our utility. For some reason it failed. Had it scheduled to start at 11pm for a 3 hour charge duration and it never actually started. I can manually start it via the same ChargePoint app, but the scheduler didn’t kick in. :(

·
Registered
853 Posts
I tested this again this morning by scheduling a start time five minutes ahead of the current time. Right on time the ChargePoint charger started blinking as it began communicating with the car. However the car didn't seem to respond. So I wonder if this is a question of the car going to sleep and the charger being unable to wake it.

I'll be testing some more, but the problem doesn't seem to be on the charger end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts