Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
356 Posts
Not from where I'm sitting ! Almost 3 years after release, it still feels unique, fresh and eye catching. Can't complain about exclusivity !

Service issues are hard to ignore though, that's right. But then, it's negative bias like always - pleased people rarely leave reviews, while unhappy ones keep complaining (which is totally understandable).
I think you would be hard pressed to find any MY21 owner who is completely happy with their car.

Whilst there are varying degrees of frustration, what should have been a gateway ushering in a new generation of Jag owners has been squandered in my case so badly that I wouldn't touch LR/RR now either.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Another quote from another article :

"Bolloré is a big enthusiast of the pioneering I-Pace EV, which has admittedly been labelled an SUV but is really a crossover. He drives and enjoys one and told his audience the car had a lot of potential. He believes it could be made “better and better”."

·
Registered
649 Posts
News from the CEO

“It’s correct to think of the I-Pace as a bridging car. I’ve got a 2021 model that I use every day and I think it’s a fantastic car. We will keep developing it over the next few years, and it will still be around in 2025, although it won’t be part of the new model portfolio.”

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
356 Posts
News from the CEO

“It’s correct to think of the I-Pace as a bridging car. I’ve got a 2021 model that I use every day and I think it’s a fantastic car. We will keep developing it over the next few years, and it will still be around in 2025, although it won’t be part of the new model portfolio.”
Well I hope his car has far less issues than mine!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Interesting that they felt the need to build their own platform. From their brand history I don’t necessarily think this is good thing.

I’m not an expert on platforms. I wonder why they decided to do this.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Interesting that they felt the need to build their own platform. From their brand history I don’t necessarily think this is good thing.

I’m not an expert on platforms. I wonder why they decided to do this.
All OEMs have to go to platform sharing to reduce R&D cost, especially considering what a financial drain EVs are.
Scale is the name of the game in auto manufacturering.

Im very much interested in the 2024 Range Rover autobiography EV, even though it's not a dedicated BEV platform, it's logical that they use the flexible architecture.
I think it will be the one of the best luxury vehicles in the market.

·
Registered
975 Posts
All OEMs have to go to platform sharing to reduce R&D cost, especially considering what a financial drain EVs are.
Scale is the name of the game in auto manufacturering.

Im very much interested in the 2024 Range Rover autobiography EV, even though it's not a dedicated BEV platform, it's logical that they use the flexible architecture.
I think it will be the one of the best luxury vehicles in the market.
that’s why I thought it would be easier and quicker to use another platform.

Which platform is the RR EV on?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
that’s why I thought it would be easier and quicker to use another platform.

Which platform is the RR EV on?
You're right. I would think Jaguar would license the PPE platform from VAG

RR is on MLA-flex (Modular Longitudinal Architecture). JLR created

·
Registered
975 Posts
You're right. I would think Jaguar would license the PPE platform from VAG

RR is on MLA-flex (Modular Longitudinal Architecture). JLR created
Interesting. The MLA platform for the I pace has moved to LR and Jaguar is going to have a different platform.

So basically when Jaguar goes upmarket EV in 2025 our I paces (if we still have them in 4 years) will be Jaguar badged but really a LR platform at the point. The other Jaguar EVs will be on a new platform.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems you guys missed the news.
Jaguar has announced that they will develop their own bespoke Panthera platform...

I would expect that this platform will still be loosely based on something existing out there, but arranged in a specific way.
It does seem like a tricky move, and I am not entirely convinced about the reasoning... Will the future line-up really be so unique that it cannot work with something like an PPE platform? And if so, is that good news?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts