Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new bulletin popped up on Topix today, asking dealers to apply an update to the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) prior to delivery. It also referenced that a seperate bulletin will follow for vehicles that have already been sold. Here is the fix:

A potential issue has been identified on certain Jaguar vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range which may experience a loss of Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) charging functionality.

Bulletin attached with further details. I would expect that this BECM update will hopefully be delivered over-the-air to most of us. I've seen several reports of people losing the ability to charge, so it looks like this is finally being dealt with properly.
Note that this does not apply to all vehicles; only certain VIN ranges that are listed in the bulletin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
53 Posts
Great find, especially since a recent post about charge lost was made. While my VIN lies within the specified range, and I have the latest SOTA updates, there has been no loss of level 2 charge capability. Let's hope this update is sent out via SOTA. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,044 Posts
It is a Battery Charge Control Module (BCCM) Software Update not a BECM update.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A couple of months ago I complained to my dealer that, after a long highway journey, I was not able to charge on DC nor AC, but after a 30 min cool down period, everything was back on track. So this what I got from them, on the bill, when I got the car back :

"Charging Control Module needs to be updated, new update done. System checked in cold and hot . Everything works fine"

I have no idea what version number I have now, but since then, I had no issue at all charging on the highway after a long journey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts