Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new version that was released today has an option at the top of the settings: "Try the new Android Auto"

Wrinkle: to get that option to show up you have to uninstall and reinstall AA. (It may not work for everyone, the interwebs are unclear about that)

The newness is only on the car interface; the phone interface is unchanged.

P.s.: it takes up the entire width of the screen now!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't see an option to uninstall AA. I was able to go to the Play store and saw there was an update but after connecting to the car I don't see any changes. Mine already took up full screen, that was an update a couple months back.
Where does the option show to try new AA?

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah you're right about the full screen ...

Uninstall app on your phone. You may also need to first clear the cache and remove app data, then uninstall. And reboot for good measure.
Then reinstall, open app, and go to settings. First item on the list in settings.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I only have the option to disable the app vs uninstall. When I do so I can go to Play store and enable and apply updates. Beforehand I also cleared storage, cache, app data, etc.
Here's what I see. Side note, I see a setting to allow wireless projection to car screen. Didn't notice that before but see it doesn't work in my car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you can't uninstall AA?? That's weird.
Yes you're on the right settings screen. Above the "Limit WiFi" option will be a "Try the new AA" option ...

The interwebs say that it's a slow rollout for people who have the latest version installed (the Aug 2 release). Uninstalling/reinstalling short-circuits that. So it'll be a few more days or a couple of weeks for ya ...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yea, I see the chatter too. Guess I have to wait. I have the Pixel phone and thought it would come to Pixel's first but guess that's wishful thinking. Haha

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's weird. I have a pixel too (original one) and I do get the option to uninstall right off the bat. However, when I look at Chrome, I also get the "Disable" and "Force stop".

So: scroll down in the 'App info' screen (where you have the two options "disable" and "force stop") to "Store" / "App details". Tap that and another screen comes up that now gives you the uninstall option (for Chrome). See if that works for your AA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't have the new version yet either and it's driving me nuts. I keep seeing all these reviews online, seems so many people have it now. I actually out a comment about it on the Play store and they replied to me that it is rolling out "over the next few weeks"

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's weird. I have a pixel too (original one) and I do get the option to uninstall right off the bat. However, when I look at Chrome, I also get the "Disable" and "Force stop".

So: scroll down in the 'App info' screen (where you have the two options "disable" and "force stop") to "Store" / "App details". Tap that and another screen comes up that now gives you the uninstall option (for Chrome). See if that works for your AA.
Thanks for the tip. I do see that now but still no go. Oh well, I'm sure it'll come soon.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I tried AA auto again, for the first time in like 6 months. Audio played fine. The Waze voice stuttered, though. Then when I got a text, the phone disconnected. Also I couldn't access the side cameras when AA was on the main screen.

I don't get the appeal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I tried AA auto again, for the first time in like 6 months. Audio played fine. The Waze voice stuttered, though. Then when I got a text, the phone disconnected. Also I couldn't access the side cameras when AA was on the main screen.

I don't get the appeal.
Only time I use AA is for the Cookie Monster voice in Waze that my grandchildren love. ? AA does work well for me and I haven't experienced your issues. Could it be the phone or perhaps it depends on which connection? I use USB and not the 12V plug.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Got new AA today after my phone did the Aug security update. Maybe that was the trick. New AA works great. Knock on wood no issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've used it a few times now. Once you get it set up, it's pretty danm nice.
1. Make sure it doesn't lock your phone's screen (that's a setting you can choose) so you don't get the ugly phone AA interface but just your standard phone screen, so you don't give up control over your phone in case you just want to use your phone for whatever AA doesn't support
2. The switching back and forth from the Jag's screen is now really simple, there's an "Exit" button in the main AA interface and your back to your Jag home screen ... so you don't give up control over that either. Switching back to AA interface you can do with the Jag's AA icon (that overlaid double arrow pointing up)
I like it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for tip about not locking phone I just switched that off. Yea, it's still working great. I just love being able to say hey Google take me to Best buy and within milliseconds it's navigating me to the place where I spend too much money. Haha.
Using other apps working well too. I've been using Google play music, notes, text, and phone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Odd.
What version are you using?
I'm still on infotainment 19A, and using AA version 4.7.593824, as per the fine print on the settings page, and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Turns out I had a small cut in the cable. I swapped it out for a brand new cable and now AA works. Really odd because the phone still charged.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts