Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Santori Black
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi greetings from Calgary Alberta. I thought I would send along some pics of a new 2023 I-Pace I managed to find at a dealer. It is black, not the color I would have picked if I was ordering one, but the wait time for a new order is probably 6 to 8 months, so decided to take the one I found at the dealer. It has oyster colored seats. I have only had it 1.5 weeks but really like it so far.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the wheels are called "Diamond Turned with Gloss Black contrast and Carbon Fibre inserts". I probably wouldn't have gotten them if I was picking options just because of the price to save some money, but I do like them since they were already on the car. The clear sight camera took a bit to get used to as the vehicles appear closer in the camera than they really are, but now that I am used to it I like it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the inlays look nice. This car has lots of options I probably wouldn’t have ordered but I like all of them lol. The dealer said he probably wouldn’t see another I-pace for a few months that is why I decided to take it. I didn’t know I would like electric as much as I do after driving it. I traded a Porche Macan Turbo to get this car which I thought I would miss but so far I don’t miss it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With a mirror, what you see changes when you move your head. With a camera, it doesn't.
That is true, never thought about that but that is one reason why it is different. It gives a wider view behind the car. I'm getting use to it, but still switch it off sometimes.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the 2023 have lane centering? I think the 2022 was missing that feature.
Yes it has lane centering. To be honest I like driving it so don't really use it. That is why I got the Jaguar, it it fun to drive lol. I like the adaptive cruise, but the lane centering I turn off and on. It is OK, but I test drove a Tesla and it's lane centering was better. Sometimes it seems to loose the lane markers when to me they look fairly solid lines, so I basically was keeping my hands on the wheel anyways.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You definitely should in all cases anyway - Jaguar does not and never has advertised its ADAS as being hands-free.
Yes I watched a video from one the developers of the Jaguar I-pace and that is exactly what he said that both hands need to be on the wheel at all times. I almost find it more relaxing with the lane centering turned off as the wheel doesn’t move or get pulled a bit when maybe there is a dark line on the road that can confuse it a bit. I still try it out from time to time trying to get used to it. I haven’t gone on any extended road trips yet maybe I would use it more then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts