Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greeting from Switzerland , I'm a new HSE owner, globally very satisfied:
  • beautiful car
  • excellent behaviour on snow
  • silence and confort

And the cons...
  • shitty software (on the 2021 version, all controls have been removed from the left handle control... and not added to the main screen yet :(
  • shitty remote app, always saying the battery is empty, even when full. By chance wattcat is far better.
  • Steering assist removed (2021). That's a shame, I used it since years on audi &co and I loved it. Should I have been informed properly, that would have been an absolute no go.
  • wifi hotspot removed (2021)
  • brakes hold settings not working: no matter which setting I try, the brakes lock themselves below 2km/h, no matter what I'm willing to do, like slowly parking.
  • handsfree trunk function not working.
  • no membership of a dedicated charging network, like ionity. Even worse, the jaguar card is charging for free loading stations !!

So globally it's a beautiful car and I'm happy with it, but obviously the software developers have never seen a car, and the business developers have never seen an EV...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Greetings. Glad that you are satisfied considering all the issues. Jaguar did a great job with the driving experience. They need to work on the other aspects of owning this vehicle. It is a bad situation with removing Steer Assist with the 2021 models. I hope some of your other issues are resolved with software updates. As for the hands free trunk, some of us do a quick kicking motion and have better luck than sweeping.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats. I have a 2020 and will need to decide to buy out at end of lease or return it and get the updated model. Looking forward to hearing about the car.

The handsfree trunk is quite positional - once you've figured it out I found it works almost 100% of the time. Line up your foot with the corner sensor and a quick diagonal in/out toward the centre of the car seems to work best for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the option simply cannot be activated in the 2021 interface at all... so if you like it, choose an older version of the i-pace, or do like me: wait and pray for an update :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I have a 21 HSE

Most issues are resolved in the latest software update. The SoC issue in the app is a problem with the car software and for me was an issue in wattcatt and the remote app until the latest software update was applied in mid December

Not sure what you mean by left hand control issues

Steering assist is a problem but JLR has compensated owners caught up in the switchover of this functionality it does seem to be becoming more widespread though with other mainstream manufacturers dropping this function so may be some silly EU rule (are there any sensible ones?)

The wifi hotspot is still there not sure what you mean by removed

No issue with the brakes on mine

The boot opening by foot works but is unlike the activation on an Audi, the setting on the screen is totally useless, you cannot enable or or disable it, it is permanently on and you need to kick your foot in the right way under the corner of the bumper (either side)

The charging networks are becoming more widespread I see this as less of an issue going forward but is suboptimal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most issues are resolved in the latest software update. The SoC issu
So I have a 21 HSE

Most issues are resolved in the latest software update. The SoC issue in the app is a problem with the car software and for me was an issue in wattcatt and the remote app until the latest software update was applied in mid December

Steering assist is a problem but JLR has compensated owners caught up in the switchover of this functionality it does seem to be becoming more widespread though with other mainstream manufacturers dropping this function so may be some silly EU rule (are there any sensible ones?)

The wifi hotspot is still there not sure what you mean by removed

No issue with the brakes on mine

The boot opening by foot works but is unlike the activation on an Audi, the setting on the screen is totally useless, you cannot enable or or disable it, it is permanently on and you need to kick your foot in the right way under the corner of the bumper (either side)

The charging networks are becoming more widespread I see this as less of an issue going forward but is suboptimal.
Hello !
Thanks a lot for your message !
I think I have the latest software (vehicule received on december 22nd, fully updated according to the dealer. The screen says no update is available), but I can't be sure of course ;)
With the previsous version of the car, major commands were available thru the ok button on the steering wheel. Now, these menus have been emptied, but I do not see the equivalent in the main screen.
Steering assist: you say that JLR compensated owners. Do you have a reference for this? My dealer just told me that this car, like any today's car, has the autopilot fonction, and never mentioned that it had been removed on the 2021 version. No silly rule there, I suspect JLR cancelled their contrat with mobileye, without providing another solution.
The hotspot simply is not present in the connexion settings, so there is no way to use it afaik. Or maybe it's elsewhere ?
The brakes do work, but I'd like to be able to disable the annoying hold function: when you park very slowly, it simply suddently stops the car, and you need to apply gaz to release it. At 25cm from a wall, it's not comfortable ;) This behaviour can be changed in the settings, but I do not see any effect.
Boot opening: OK got it, I will try it, thanks !
Regarding the charging networks, I'm member of several networks and that's fine, I was just saying JLR could serve us better on this matter ;)

With my best regards,
Luc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello !
Thanks a lot for your message !
I think I have the latest software (vehicule received on december 22nd, fully updated according to the dealer. The screen says no update is available), but I can't be sure of course ;)
With the previsous version of the car, major commands were available thru the ok button on the steering wheel. Now, these menus have been emptied, but I do not see the equivalent in the main screen.
Steering assist: you say that JLR compensated owners. Do you have a reference for this? My dealer just told me that this car, like any today's car, has the autopilot fonction, and never mentioned that it had been removed on the 2021 version. No silly rule there, I suspect JLR cancelled their contrat with mobileye, without providing another solution.
The hotspot simply is not present in the connexion settings, so there is no way to use it afaik. Or maybe it's elsewhere ?
The brakes do work, but I'd like to be able to disable the annoying hold function: when you park very slowly, it simply suddently stops the car, and you need to apply gaz to release it. At 25cm from a wall, it's not comfortable ;) This behaviour can be changed in the settings, but I do not see any effect.
Boot opening: OK got it, I will try it, thanks !
Regarding the charging networks, I'm member of several networks and that's fine, I was just saying JLR could serve us better on this matter ;)

With my best regards,
Luc
Does the Pivi Pro display a software version number when you look at updates? If it does you should have the latest software if it doesn't then you don't. That update seemed to fix my issues with State of Charge reporting to the remote app, wattcatt and the APIs

I don't know how the previous version behaved I only drove one twice, what commands are you trying to execute via the steering wheel? The controls for the display etc appear when you press in the scroll wheel on the left the steering wheel (at least in RHD).

In respect of the missing steering assist (and park assist which I was less concerned about but was also shown as available in the MY21 literature I ordered from) I received a £1000 goodwill payment after threatening to sue. I would rather have the steer assist but in fairness I am happy with £1k instead given how often it would really make a difference to me, I have seen several other manufacturers remove steer assist recently though as I say when looking at other options for Mrs Beagle whose car currently does have steering assist and which doesn't need to have cruise control engaged to make it work.

The hotspot appears to me in the settings menu then connectivity do you have a 4g connection showing as available to enable a hotspot?

I have driven over 1000 miles now and not noticed any weird braking function have you checked the settings? Mine behaves pretty naturally and never slams on the brakes whilst I am still moving that sounds like a fault

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for your time and precise answers !
Well, my display doesn't show any version number on the update page (it's empty), so according to your comment, it is not up-to-date. Do you know how I could trigger the update ? Do I need to ask the dealer for this ?
Regarding the scroll wheel on the steering wheel, I was hoping to find the steering assist in the menus, but you confirmed it has been removed completely, so there's nothing to be found there which could help me. You also confirm that at the moment you ordered the car, these functions were still advertised. I can only congratulate you for the compensation you obtained. My main concerns are the value of the car when I'm going to resell it. On a daily basis, I also regret this step back: I travel a lot, and really appreciated to drive on motorways without actually driving.
Since it seems my system is not up-to-date, I'm not surprised not to see the hotspot settings page. I do see the integrated sim card status (roaming 4G), but no settings whatsoever.
regarding the brakes, I'm also pretty sure the settings have been fixed in the latest version, at least that's certainly worth a try :)

So now, thanks again to you ! I know how to take my case a step further, I will start with a software update :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the hotspot settings page pre update, a number of live updates drop over time but the one that made the step change was the update which showed that the version number on the screen. Mine updated o the 10th December just before going into the dealers for the same problem the dealer should be able to update though if you don't have the latest version, there seems no other way to trigger it.

There are 2 eSims used by pivi pro, one for connected services like Nav, remote, tracking etc. and one for entertainment like spotify etc. Are you showing both? I had some early glitches on mine where it randomly stopped recognising the entertainment connection sometimes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again! So this is definitely a dealer task. Could you please tell me the version number you have now ?
Regarding the sim cards, well I do only see one on the display. No idea which one it is of the two you mention, but for sure I do not have access to any entertainment feature: no spotify app icon for instance. I use my phone for that, I didn't even know there could be an onboard entertainment system ;)
Have a nice evening,
Luc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks a lot !
While we were talking, the 2.0.3 version installed itself, and it's a huuuuuge improvment ! Now I can see the battery level on the app :)
The brakes are perfectly smooth now !!
No hotspot nor spotify, but I don't really care, I'm so relieved :)
Thanks again for your help and support !

·
Registered
55 Posts
I, too, may be in the market soon for a 2021.

Just to clarify for me, is steering assist where the car tries to fight you if you are trying to change lanes (without signaling) or is it something else?

Thanks.

Roger

·
Registered
57 Posts
steering assist keeps the car centred in the lane as you drive, lane keep assist fights you.

steering assist is oddly only engageable with cruise on the iPace unlike in other cars including my wifes Q5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I, too, may be in the market soon for a 2021.

Just to clarify for me, is steering assist where the car tries to fight you if you are trying to change lanes (without signaling) or is it something else?

Thanks.

Roger
Yes, absolutely. If you use the blinker, it disengages itself for a few seconds, allowing you to switch lane. If you do not use the blinker, you need to force your steering wheel, yes. That's what we are talking about, yes. JLR calls it the SA (steering assist). It's this little wonder allowing you to arrive fresh and happy at destination after 8 hours on the motorway. It's a life saver when you are tired. And even your 20k€ Seat has it and it works like a charm. Yes, yes, yes and yes. And yes again, it has been removed on 2021 models, pretending it's not compatible with the heating steering wheel. Go figure...

Your Jaguar dealer will try to let you think that the LKA (lane keep assist) is the same, but don't be fooled, it's useless; it beeps loudly when you approach the side of your lane, bounces you back violently, but doesn't follow the road the way steeing assist does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
steering assist keeps the car centred in the lane as you drive, lane keep assist fights you.

steering assist is oddly only engageable with cruise on the iPace unlike in other cars including my wifes Q5
Remember the chance you have to be able to use it. Some of us here have discovered that it has been removed ftom their crippled cars... 😢
Sorry I'm a little on the edge now since I learned that no, it's not a temporary missing update, it's a business decision totally assumed and hidden by JLR. 🤬

·
Registered
57 Posts
Remember the chance you have to be able to use it. Some of us here have discovered that it has been removed ftom their crippled cars... 😢
Sorry I'm a little on the edge now since I learned that no, it's not a temporary missing update, it's a business decision totally assumed and hidden by JLR. 🤬
Oh I won't be able to use it I have a MY21 too

I don't think its as big a deal as some are making out providing those who bought assuming it was present are compensated. It is helpful but its not a game changer and Seat seems to have changed the wording around Steering Assist which doesn't seem to be present at all in their range topping Formentor (which is their closest ICE car to an iPace) and which I have been considering for the Mrs.

You would be doing very well to spend 8 hours on a motorway in an iPace, most I have managed is 3 before needing to charge ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha ha ha I didn't mean to drive non stop for 8 hours ;) ;). No I'm quite disappointed because I spccifically asked the dealer "so this new car has a autopilot like any other today's car?". And she replied "yes of course of course it does" ! And compensated ? Huuh non.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ha ha ha I didn't mean to drive non stop for 8 hours ;) ;). No I'm quite disappointed because I spccifically asked the dealer "so this new car has a autopilot like any other today's car?". And she replied "yes of course of course it does" ! And compensated ? Huuh non.
Suggest you demand compensation from the dealer and threaten to reject the car. Here all the literature indicated that the car had steering assist and I only discovered it definitely didn't after I had a dealer check it out post delivery.

The standard amount here seems to have been £1000 for the absence of park assist and steering assist which I thought was fair. If no offer is forthcoming threaten to sue, I did.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Based on my experience I would say it's the Q5 that's odd in that case, and the Jag's behavior is more standard. Volvo's PilotAssist and whatever BMW calls theirs both work like the Jag: the lane-centering function only operates with cruise control, while the emergency LKA is always active.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts