Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I just purchased a new 2019 i-pace HSE about 3 weeks ago. I bought the car new with 25 milse and I now have about 700 miles on the car. In this short period, I have had several issues.

1. Exactly 1 day after purchasing, the steering wheel controls failed to light up and were no longer functional. So no cruise control, volume control, etc ...
- took to dealership and they replaced a faulty connector.

2. Around 2 weeks after purchase (earlier this week), my seats and steering wheel no longer heated up.
- Called and made appointment to take the car in next week.

3. Last night, I suddenly got an "OK to drive with caution, Brake pedal feel reduced" error message....wtf???
- took car to dealer this morning, now driving a loaner.

Over the course of my lifetime, I have probably owned 25+ cars and I have never owned a car with so many problems so soon after purchase. This is my first EV and first Jaguar. I am beginning to rethink both of these decisions....not sure which was worse.

BJ

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome and sorry about your issues.

Do you know if the car has had its updates? What is the build date of your car (month/Year)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and sorry about your issues.

Do you know if the car has had its updates? What is the build date of your car (month/Year)?
I just got a call from the dealer...it needed a software update (i think he said update #280). The technician said that after the update, everything worked properly!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer...it needed a software update (i think he said update #280). The technician said that after the update, everything worked properly!
Great to hear. 280 is the latest update

Make sure you got the 19c infotainment update as well.
With all the updates, the car is trouble free.

You will love the car! Enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear. 280 is the latest update

Make sure you got the 19c infotainment update as well.
With all the updates, the car is trouble free.

You will love the car! Enjoy

Thank you. And yes, besides the issues, I really have enjoyed this vehicle! I hope to continue enjoying it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts