Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's a good idea to get some extra mods to delete spam. I'll volunteer for it, but my feelings will not be hurt if I'm skipped. I have no interest in policing conversations. Plenty of people I disagree with here and that doesn't bother me a bit. I just want to KILL SPAM.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Agree we need volunteer mods to kill spam (not content of posts). Outside if spam this board has been very good about conversations even when there is strong disagreements.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I took the subject of moderating up in a PM. There was no response. There may not be enough members to justify needing moderators. I wouldn't know.

I reported spam and did get a response.

Agree we need volunteer mods to kill spam (not content of posts).
But then you potentially give the power to kill posts. There isn't one without the other.

·
Registered
980 Posts
But then you potentially give the power to kill posts. There isn't one without the other.
True but I think most people who are volunteering here have managed to have discussions with others that are heated and I don't get the sense any of us are "kids" and would do that. And if we did wouldn't it be easy to yank the power by seeing what got killed?

I mean right now I am sure there is no disagreement about what is spam here!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not concerned with abuse of power. I can't say the same for what the admins might be concerned with. They don't know any of us or our discourse. They know average behavior. This forum is head and shoulders above the average. They wouldn't know that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
But so far, nobody has deleted their spam posts or banned these AH's from this website. It's obnoxious and if it continues, I'm outta here for good.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I just used the webmail form. Maybe it'll get through faster than a PM.

Google "berning121" and you'll see what a massive spam bomb like this does. Every unprotected forum under the sun has it. Listing after listing of the same post.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts