Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If you can deal with having summer tires, I cannot recommend the Pilot Sport 4 SUVs enough. Just as the original MPSS were game changers for cars, so are the PS4SUVs for crossovers. The grip is ridiculous for a street tire with a 20k warranty.

·
Registered
975 Posts
If you can deal with having summer tires, I cannot recommend the Pilot Sport 4 SUVs enough. Just as the original MPSS were game changers for cars, so are the PS4SUVs for crossovers. The grip is ridiculous for a street tire with a 20k warranty.
How about the road noise? I’ve gone with pirellis over the Michelin before for this reason. I heard pirellis were quieter.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How about the road noise? I’ve gone with pirellis over the Michelin before for this reason. I heard pirellis were quieter.
I didn't notice in the MY, because that car's loud as **** anyway. I haven't actually driven the I-Pace since it got the new tires. It's my wife's daily. I'll check it out this weekend most likely.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How are the Pilot's wearing on your MY? I'm going to get 40K on the Goodyear's. If I get 20% off on the prorated warranty on the Eagles, then I'm looking at less than $800 for a new set after factoring in all of the other GY incentives. The Pilot's are almost double that for 40% of the expected tread life ... unless they wear better than advertised.

I'd love to justify the Pilot's, but at 4X the cost per mile the Eagles suddenly don't seem that bad.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How are the Pilot's wearing on your MY? I'm going to get 40K on the Goodyear's. If I get 20% off on the prorated warranty on the Eagles, then I'm looking at less than $800 for a new set after factoring in all of the other GY incentives. The Pilot's are almost double that for 40% of the expected tread life ... unless they wear better than advertised.

I'd love to justify the Pilot's, but at 4X the cost per mile the Eagles suddenly don't seem that bad.
They're too new to know. Just a couple thousand miles. I expect 10-15k out of them. I know they're more expensive, but I'm fine with that because I want the grip in corners. The previous tires, Goodyears, had very little grip in wet or dry. They were a bad joke.

I tend to just go with high end Michelin these days. They're just better. I also tend to go with summer fo the same reason. Continental is close.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts