Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 I-Pace running 20.2. Made two stops in a shopping center. Navigation brought me there fine. Entered the second store location and navigation found it and brought me there fine. After shopping at the second store, entered "Home" and navigation found it, took me through the first two turns correctly, and then suddenly reverted back to my location at the first store and is now frozen at that location.

If I enter any destination it wants to take me there from that first store's location. The screen in both the center dash and the instrument cluster is frozen at that location. Nothing moves or changes as I drive. Both WattCat and Jaguar Remote work fine, showing correctly the routes of all subsequent trips with correct data for the trips.

I left the car overnight but the screen still puts me at that first store. Any ideas how to get it to reset? Might downloading a new map cause a reset? Would appreciate any insights or suggestions. Thanks.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
When was the last time you updated the map? If it is updated to what came out at the end of last month you'll have to wait for the next map update that will probably be available next week. If older, then download and update. It won't hurt to try.

If Infotainment is prior to 22A, you might ask dealer to push it out. It is available but I haven't read of anyone here getting via SOTA yet.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was the last time you updated the map? If it is updated to what came out at the end of last month you'll have to wait for the next map update that will probably be available next week. If older, then download and update. It won't hurt to try.

If Infotainment is prior to 22A, you might ask dealer to push it out. It is available but I haven't read of anyone here getting via SOTA yet.
Thanks. Map is older so formatting a USB as I write this. Will post outcome of loading new map.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Another thought. You might also go to the jaguar.here.com site, or use the route planner app, to remove old destinations. That could clear the first store too.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thought. You might also go to the jaguar.here.com site, or use the route planner app, to remove old destinations. That could clear the first store too.
Wish I could delete just recent destinations without also losing 40 or so favorites. Let's try a new map first. If I knew deleting them all would work... But I might just be digging deeper.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Open the Jaguar Route Planner app and not the Jaguar Remote app.
Click the menu bars in upper left.
Click Destinations.
Click Recent.
Click the edit icon in upper right.
Touch each box next to a recent trip/destination that you want go delete then touch delete at the bottom.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
For Web interface:
Sign in
Click destination in the upper bar.
Click Recent on the left side
Go through the list and click the "remove" under each destination.

This does not affect Favorites. Nor does the method above using the phone app.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For Web interface:
Sign in
Click destination in the upper bar.
Click Recent on the left side
Go through the list and click the "remove" under each destination.

This does not affect Favorites. Nor does the method above using the phone app.
Now no need. Took the car to go for a walk in the next town. Started it up and navigation screen still frozen. Stopped to wait for wife who was getting mail. As the map was frozen in time, decided while waiting to change center panel in driver's display from useless frozen map to driver assistance. Drove out of apartment building's garage and turned off car so wife and I could switch seats. Wife started car and off we went. Touched navigation button on home screen and...voila!...map was working correctly.

So...what did it? My wife's magic finger on the start button? My changing the driver's display center panel from map to driver assistance? Or the mysterious ways of software? Thanks, Ayepace.

New map goes on tomorrow.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts

Here.com released a new map update today instead of waiting until next week.

· Registered
706 Posts
I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. It stayed stuck at some random location between work and home for a few days, then went to 0,0 (long/lat) which is somwhere off the coast of Africa. After a couple of days, it came back on its own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts