Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
278 Posts
Nah. Sorry to disappoint you. I drove my I-Pace up in late October. Use the NY throughway and I-87. Took advantage of the free L3 charger at the Adirondack welcome center nears Queensbury. Rolled into downtown Montreal with 22miles to spare. With the temp forecast to be in the negative F range last Friday, I decide not to chance it and drove my wife's BMW X3.
I've used that spot as well heading North. I opted to drive down on the Vermont side to stop at the Hanford markets since I was worried about running low. Added a lot to the trip driving on the back roads along the lake stuck behind the occasional semi truck. H264 might give me the confidence to take the highway in NY state next time. A DC charger in Plattsburgh would make all the difference.
I found the Adirondack welcome center to be useful on the south bound leg as well. There is an exit off I-87 just a mile or so south of the welcome center. Doubling back was no more hassle than exiting and finding a gas station used to be.
That said, agreed - something in Plattsburg or at the border would be good. Is there anything just south of Montreal on 15 that I am missing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I found the Adirondack welcome center to be useful on the south bound leg as well. There is an exit off I-87 just a mile or so south of the welcome center. Doubling back was no more hassle than exiting and finding a gas station used to be.
That said, agreed - something in Plattsburg or at the border would be good. Is there anything just south of Montreal on 15 that I am missing?
Nothing useful between the Adirondack centre and Montreal (250+km driving through the Green Mountains). I also drive to Boston and there is a great one in Stanstead just before the border. I can just get to Concord where I can sleep at the Courtyard which has a charger. There is a fast DC half way if I get nervous.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Perhaps for our friends north of the border we need a Canadian English setting, eh!

Having just returned from Montreal I can atest to the accent being a little different.
Interesting point! I'll ask my wife to use the system to see what happens. She's Indian and has a slight accent (although she claims that it is I who has the accent, lol) and will report back.
As promised, here's the result of my wife using voice command. She was able to set an address, set Walmart as a POI, tell the infotainment to play the Beatles and play a specific Room Full of Blues album.

Not sure why so many are having problems with the system. It's a crazy problem. I'm only certain that for us the change to U.S. English transformed voice command.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Voice command failed to work after shutting off the car for 2 minutes. It worked fine during the first leg of our trip but was unresponsive on the 2nd - nothing at all happened after pressing the button including no icon appearing on the touchscreen. Weird but all was well the next day.

Once working I pressed the button and said, "Play Tchaikovsky" and the system presented a list of his music on I-Pod for me to select. I then did the same thing with Mozart and the system recognized the command and again gave me a list of music to choose from. I think the improvement is quite remarkable.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts