Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up a new navigation profile (email address and password) a couple of days ago using the in-car interface, and today, I got the sign-in message again. When I clicked to sign in, it already had my email address pre-selected, but I had to reenter my password. I have a very strong password generated using a password app, and it's kind of a pain to enter each time. For those of you that's had the car a while, is this a normal thing to have reenter the navigation password every so often?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I set up a new navigation profile (email address and password) a couple of days ago using the in-car interface, and today, I got the sign-in message again. When I clicked to sign in, it already had my email address pre-selected, but I had to reenter my password. I have a very strong password generated using a password app, and it's kind of a pain to enter each time. For those of you that's had the car a while, is this a normal thing to have reenter the navigation password every so often?

Does your car have the latest updates? Ive also heard these passwords cant be too complex. I know you're being security conscious,but that could be the issue

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your car have the latest updates? Ive also heard these passwords cant be too complex. I know you're being security conscious,but that could be the issue
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if it asks me again in a few days, and if so, I'll change it to a simple password.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I had mine ask for my password after a reflash. I can't remember if it reset it to the default (someone help me, is it 1922?) or kept my existing password.
For those worried about me posting the default password, oh well. He who leaves his password as the year they were born is asking for trouble.

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is an issue with long password. Use a password that is 8 character, it needs to include one uppercase and one number. Use this password and email for all your accounts on the jag.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine asks for a login and password every few days.
Mine too. I have the option checked to remember the profile info but it still keeps asking me to log in.

I was hoping to make use of the app that lets you put in your destination before getting in the car and sync'ing it with the nav in the car, but since it requires me to keep logging in there is no benefit to it. It's easier to not log in and then put my destination directly into the car's nav. A good feature made useless by bad execution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 3 years lease on a 2019 Demo, someone set up the navigation and now I can't change it because I don't know the password and I can't seem to get it to accept any new info. I was going to call someone at the dealership to see if they could reset it, but if it's something that I have to log into every time I use it, it may not be worth bothering about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts