Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone, long time ''lurker'' here on the forum and I am starting to get serious in acquiring an I-Pace. Test drove one last year and felt in love right away compared to Audi and Teslas.

Anyhow, looking at some feedbacks at the option of buying either a MY19-20 at a huge discount (have an offer on a MY20 HSE for 52k$) which pretty thick all the boxes I wanted or wait for the MY21 at higher price but ''updated'' especially on the infotainment side.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
Probably comes down to how much the improved infotainment system is worth to you. (And black emblems for some. ;) ) The 2019 I have could be better on the infotainment side, but it is effective. I ultimately drive because of need and because of the incredible driving experience in the I-Pace. I just have not had a car that compares. Would I like a better infotainment system? Yep, but I wouldn't pay many thousands of dollars for it. I probably wouldn't be patient enough to roll the dice on having big discounts on the 2021's and would buy, as I did, the leftover 2019 with an unbelievable discount off of MSRP.

Good luck to you no matter what you choose! (y)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good day everyone, long time ''lurker'' here on the forum and I am starting to get serious in acquiring an I-Pace. Test drove one last year and felt in love right away compared to Audi and Teslas.

Anyhow, looking at some feedbacks at the option of buying either a MY19-20 at a huge discount (have an offer on a MY20 HSE for 52k$) which pretty thick all the boxes I wanted or wait for the MY21 at higher price but ''updated'' especially on the infotainment side.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
You might consider driving both MY and test both infotainment systems. If the MY21 is substantially better it might be worth the extra money. Although I am very happy with my 2019 car there are still some aspects of the infotainment that annoy me. Not that it affects my appreciation for the car but if you plan to keep it for many years then the newer car might work better. It's hard to provide advice as everyone has different things that they want in a car.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
Wireless android auto/carplay is worth something in my book, as is the digital rear view mirror. But these are largely minor convenience items. You'll pay a major premium for them until 2021's have a chance to build up inventory. I've been watching inventory on the 2020's here in the US, and they have been steadily building the past month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts