Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, many kudos and thanks to member ardevd for this wonderful app -- really outstanding.

My whole extended family is entwined in the Apple ecosystem, so I'm an iPhone/Mac user. I don't open my MacBook every day, so Bluestacks didn't seem like a good option for me. However, I have implemented another solution that works for me. Walmart (and probably Target, etc.) sell very inexpensive Android phones that are locked to a particular prepaid phone provider. They sell them inexpensively because they figure that they will make good profit on the prepaid service that they will sell. However, I won't be using it on cellular, only on Wifi. Some phones were as cheap as $25 but didn't specify the Android level. Wattcat needs Android 6. I got a Samsung Galaxy J3 for $40. It runs Android 9 and Wattcat runs great on it.

I don't plan to be carrying this around with me, but I'll keep it in view at home and take it on trips with me.

Of course, I will miss some of the goodness of Wattcat such as reminders to lock the car etc.

That leads me to suggest a possible extra feature. It would be a great bonus for us Apple folks (and possibly others) if Wattcat could add a choice for notifications by email. That would also enable SMS since a Wattcat user could specify the special email address that passes through our phone provider and sends us a text message -- eg. [email protected].

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
99 Posts
Another good option is to pickup an Amazon Fire tablet, which can be had as low as $50. They run a modified version of android, and it easy easy to install the Google Play Store and download Wattcat (y)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Email notifications are certainly possible. I'm not sure if it would make sense to implement it other than to help out iOS users who run WattCat on secondary devices or in emulators but I'll give it some thought :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts