Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

MY 2022. Strange Canadian pricing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  No More Saab Stories 
#1 ·
So when the '22 configurator went online a while back I configured my preferred specs and found the prices to be a tiny bit lower than the '21s. Then a week or so late I went back and the price for the same configuration had jumped... maybe 5%.

Last year prices were somewhat lower in Canada (after converting the dollar). Today I went to the U.S. configurator and put together the car that I just priced out in Canada and found it was MUCH less expensive south of the border, to the extent that if I bought a car in Buffalo and picked it up at the bridge I could save $7,000 to $9,000 ($CAN) after converting the dollars, paying 6.1% import duty, $920 brokerage fee and the HST.

Is Jaguar Canada giving its dealers a bit more margin to play with? Or is Jaguar Canada just greedy? Or maybe Jaguar Canada saw the success of the Taycan and decided that the more a car costs the better it sells... 😢

#2 ·
Did you triple check that you are comparing apple to apple ?. Standard config are not the same. In Canada, you have with the standard config the heated steering wheel , heated windshield, heated washer jet, ...

#3 ·
Went for the climate package in both configs. (The heated steering wheel is included in the US climate package).

US car is $US 75,345 ((or $96,183 CAD at today's rate).

Add $5,869 for import duty + $920 for the broker + $100 AC tax + $13,390 HST = $116,493.45.

Same car bought in Canada = $121,696.98

Saving = 5,133.53

Dealer is 25 minutes from the bridge and less than two hours from my house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.