Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when the '22 configurator went online a while back I configured my preferred specs and found the prices to be a tiny bit lower than the '21s. Then a week or so late I went back and the price for the same configuration had jumped... maybe 5%.

Last year prices were somewhat lower in Canada (after converting the dollar). Today I went to the U.S. configurator and put together the car that I just priced out in Canada and found it was MUCH less expensive south of the border, to the extent that if I bought a car in Buffalo and picked it up at the bridge I could save $7,000 to $9,000 ($CAN) after converting the dollars, paying 6.1% import duty, $920 brokerage fee and the HST.

Is Jaguar Canada giving its dealers a bit more margin to play with? Or is Jaguar Canada just greedy? Or maybe Jaguar Canada saw the success of the Taycan and decided that the more a car costs the better it sells... 馃槩

Registered
Did you triple check that you are comparing apple to apple ?. Standard config are not the same. In Canada, you have with the standard config the heated steering wheel , heated windshield, heated washer jet, ...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you triple check that you are comparing apple to apple ?. Standard config are not the same. In Canada, you have with the standard config the heated steering wheel , heated windshield, heated washer jet, ...
Went for the climate package in both configs. (The heated steering wheel is included in the US climate package).

US car is $US 75,345 ((or $96,183 CAD at today's rate).

Add $5,869 for import duty + $920 for the broker + $100 AC tax + $13,390 HST = $116,493.45.

Same car bought in Canada = $121,696.98

Saving = 5,133.53

Dealer is 25 minutes from the bridge and less than two hours from my house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts