Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am "seeing" the issue as well. Worse than any other car I've owned. I'll text my dealer to see what the say about it. Otherwise still love the car despite the smelly paws. Just reminded me of the "smelly cat" song from Friends...

·
Registered
2020 S
112 Posts
1+ year later and I'm still struggling with this issue. Last year the dealer used some sort of deodorizer that really just made the whole car stink worse. It took all winter for the deodorant smell to finally go away, but the mold smell never completely left. It might have been because we had a milder summer this year, but the problem was not as bad this summer as the previous summer.

I had the dealer look at it again a couple days ago. This time they used an ozone generator and also found and treated some mold on the evaporator coil with some sort of fungicide. The dealer covered the cost to do this because JLR apparently won't cover it under warranty, but they told me if it needs done in the future it's on my dime - actually $154 of dimes. The trip home from the dealer was the best the car has ever smelled, but the next night I noticed it again. It's not bad...yet, but I expect it to come back. I'll be sniffing for it for the next few days.

Has anyone tried using an ozone generator in their car for this sort of thing? Does anyone know how hard it is to access the evaporator coil?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've used this product for years to tame musty car a/c odors here in Florida on.a wide range of cars:

If you stay on top of the problem and use this as a preventative, it works well, but it is not a magic bullet.

For preventative use, I apply it through the the A/C intake with the cabin filter removed in May before it starts to get really muggy down here.

The application involves removing the cabin filter and spraying the odor eliminator in the intake while the fan is running on high. It doesn't take much ... I probably use less than ten squirts. Here are the instructions for accessing the cabin filter:

If you already have musty smells, then be prepared to use it once a week for at least three weeks to get things under control. I've heard of people actually pouring a few ounces in the defog/defrost vent on a regular ICE car, but I have no idea if that would work on the I Pace and I would be hesitant to attempt it with it's non-standard HVAC system.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts