Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just moved to Hawaii from California and now need to mount my front license plate. While in CA I was able to just take my chances, here there is an annual safety inspection where they have to verify the plate is installed.

I have the bracket that came with the car, and it has 5 screws with it (all the same size). How is it supposed to mount on the front? Could someone take a shot of their bracket on the car with the plate removed, and note where the screws go?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
215 Posts
CyberSlug,

I guess we were destined not to meet up in Napa with our I-Paces. Have a great life in Hawaii. Here’s a great option for mounting your front license plate. Full disclosure, I haven’t done it, because I’ve been pretty lucky so far in CA without one. Knock on wood.

Since I'm in California, I decided to install the front license plate. The I-Pace came with mounting bracket and after fiddling around, I decided to mount it with the grill clips on top. I didn't like the idea of drilling the bottom mounts into the bumper and just leaving the plastic tabs exposed looked like it would scratch the finish. I ended up grinding off the tabs and using some license plate rubber bumpers I found on eBay. The fit is tight and doesn't rattle about.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the link, and it does suck that we won't get the meet up. Unfortunately I don't have time to implement that one, because I need to get the plate mounted and inspected in the next 2 days, so I basically have to go with what I have now (Amazon doesn't do 1-2 day shipping for Hawaii).

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
977 Posts
I put a cravenspeed mount on mine. I just checked the website and it says "fast" shipping to HI. You might call them. The are located in OR.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for the link, and it does suck that we won't get the meet up. Unfortunately I don't have time to implement that one, because I need to get the plate mounted and inspected in the next 2 days, so I basically have to go with what I have now (Amazon doesn't do 1-2 day shipping for Hawaii).
How about following the mounting instructions in the link, but use double sided tape or temp glue gel on the top area as a temp fix until you have time to explore other mounting options?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he double sided tape is the way to go for now, then I'll decide if I want to do something else when I have more time. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its not the inspection that will get you, its the meter maids who get upset that you make them walk around to the back of your car to jot down your plate.

Here was my solution - with the help of a radial arm saw and a couple of tie wraps. Has worked for years on both the iPace and a 2005 911.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts