Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car after they updated it and replaced the battery controller.
Seems the car now regens down to 1 mph, whereas before it was 3 mph. True one-pedal now for most situations. And the amount you get at 80 mph nearly bottoms out the meter.

Anyone else notice? Or am I late to the party?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
I noticed that I have MUCH more regenerative braking after H264. When I went from my i3 to the I-Pace, I was a little disappointed that the I-Pace had much less regen. braking compared to the i3.

Post H264....I feel like I have almost as much regen. braking as the i3 now. I rarely use my brakes! OBSESSED with one pedal driving.

But, if you exclusively drive an EV, going to an ICE is shocking and dangerous (and painful for your passengers, LOL). Driving a 2020 Land Rover loaner and I keep taking my foot off the gas pedal when someone cuts in front of me expecting that I will slow down. Nope, ha ha ha. I then panic hit the brakes :-O

EV all the way!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a sadder note: JLR NA would not accept my car back with my leaper artwork so I removed it last night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
You removed it? Did you turn your car back in to JLR? I thought you just picked it up to get your software update? I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You removed it? Did you turn your car back in to JLR? I thought you just picked it up to get your software update? I'm confused.
We are still in the buyback procedure. They halted the buyback until I removed the artwork. I picked it up last night after the 4th attempt at fixing the Traction Battery Fault errors. I have had the car 8 days total since late October. JLR has put more miles on the car than I have since then.

It's my first experience with a buyback in my life, and I've owned a large amount of new cars in my life.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shame. That was unique and special. Can it be reapplied?
I know. I tried to convince them that it did not harm the car's value, and it only takes 40 minutes to remove, but they wanted it off the car for the buyback.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
Shame. That was unique and special. Can it be reapplied?
I know. I tried to convince them that it did not harm the car's value, and it only takes 40 minutes to remove, but they wanted it off the car for the buyback.
I would have thought it added to the car's value. I would love to do that to my FE.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have thought it added to the car's value. I would love to do that to my FE.
I found the vinyl art on Ebay, then took the car to "360 Wraps" to have it professionally installed. It was flawless after over 15,000 miles through 115°F heat, snow, and lots of rain. It was even washed at least 3 times in an automatic car washer at dealerships. I always hand washed it and garaged it. The only outside parking and machine washes were at the dealers.

IIRC, that picture above was in Utah in June. Look at all the snow in the mountains. 1600+ mile roundtrip.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
488 Posts
I found the vinyl art on Ebay, then took the car to "360 Wraps" to have it professionally installed. It was flawless after over 15,000 miles through 115°F heat, snow, and lots of rain. It was even washed at least 3 times in an automatic car washer at dealerships. I always hand washed it and garaged it. The only outside parking and machine washes were at the dealers.

IIRC, that picture above was in Utah in June. Look at all the snow in the mountains. 1600+ mile roundtrip.
I remember your initial posting. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the artwork on ebay or anywhere else. Almost akin to destroying a work of art.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts