Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
What a strange review. It compares the acceleration, handling, and low center of gravity to ICE SUVs. So that's an EV to ICE comparison that is not specific to the MY. That's the only comparison with other SUVs. And it's not all positive, for example:
"Over potholes, rough roads, and especially highway expansion joints, the Model Y PUP's lowered suspension and big rolling stock mean most impacts are met with some gut jiggle and a firm kick in the rear."

Then it goes on to make other comparisons (interior, steering, etc) to the M3. Yeah you sit higher, you have more room, and it's the same cockpit as the M3. How is that relevant to the comparison with ICE SUVs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I do like the range, but will see what real world on that ends up being, and I always respect Tesla's 0-60 times. But I really do not like the front end of that car and how it looks just like all of the other Teslas from that view. Feels like something is just missing??

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
779 Posts
I certainly have no issues with the I-Pace 0-60 times. I'm not going to the race track. However I appreciate more the things I'm always experiencing while driving, ride, comfort, luxury, etc. These are all things missing in the MY & M3. ****, it was missing, though arguably to a lesser degree, in my S75.

I went to the carwash for the first time with the I-Pace. While I was drying off residual moisture, I got 2 compliments on the car within 5 minutes. It's a head turner and one that people rarely if ever see.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
I certainly have no issues with the I-Pace 0-60 times. I'm not going to the race track. However I appreciate more the things I'm always experiencing while driving, ride, comfort, luxury, etc. These are all things missing in the MY & M3. ****, it was missing, though arguably to a lesser degree, in my S75.

I went to the carwash for the first time with the I-Pace. While I was drying off residual moisture, I got 2 compliments on the car within 5 minutes. It's a head turner and one that people rarely if ever see.
YES! I was putting groceries in my car this morning, and a lady behind me in a Lexus told me that she is not into cars & trucks, but she told me how beautiful my Jaguar is :) The I-Pace really is magnificent!!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
462 Posts
In one paragraph I think you have elegantly covered the differences. I appreciate that some love the Tesla styling - inside and out - and the acceleration, but they do not appeal to me. Driving is the whole package - acceleration, braking, ride, steering, comfort - while luxury is more than "more space".

Another competitor that doesn't match up to the I-Pace, but will probably sell better. Oh well, not my problem what other folks drive.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Does it come with the body of a Tesla worker in the trunk?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts