Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Or it could be much more, if I'm remembering correctly that the EPA standard just arbitrarily wacks 25% off the range for AC use (without real world testing).

My range impact gauge shows AC impact at -4 miles of range. (Not in summertime, but on some 80F days regardless.)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just curious, does stretching the roofline of the M3 into the bubble-shaped MY make it an SUV (or a mini mini-van)? To be fair, I classify the I-Pace as a "killer all-wheel drive sport sedan/hatch," not an SUV (though it handles mud pretty well).

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Just curious, does stretching the roofline of the M3 into the bubble-shaped MY make it an SUV (or a mini mini-van)? To be fair, I classify the I-Pace as a "killer all-wheel drive sport sedan/hatch," not an SUV (though it handles mud pretty well).
My buddies today insisted that I owned a sports car. They were denigrating the Corvette, which they don't like, and I casually said that I don't really care since I don't really like sports cars. They laughed and said "huh, you own a sports car you a.."

And it's actually true.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My buddies today insisted that I owned a sports car. They were denigrating the Corvette, which they don't like, and I casually said that I don't really care since I don't really like sports cars. They laughed and said "huh, you own a sports car you a.."

And it's actually true.
For those who don't know, a sports car is a car that looks sporty. Like a Toyota Paseo.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I believe there are 3 things that go into classifying a vehicle as an SUV or CUV:

- Higher body with more ground clearance
- Higher seating position with a better view of the road
- More cargo capacity because of a higher roof line and hatchback.

On the last point the MY with 66 cu ft has more claimed cargo capacity than the i-Pace (52 cu ft) and the e-tron (57 cu ft). That does includes the frunk though which I'm guessing is bigger in the MY.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I believe there are 3 things that go into classifying a vehicle as an SUV or CUV:

- Higher body with more ground clearance
- Higher seating position with a better view of the road
- More cargo capacity because of a higher roof line and hatchback.

On the last point the MY with 66 cu ft has more claimed cargo capacity than the i-Pace (52 cu ft) and the e-tron (57 cu ft). That does includes the frunk though which I'm guessing is bigger in the MY.
Saw the Y the other day up close.
It didn't look that much different than a 3. Just a higher roof
I can't see how it's possible to even have a 3rd row.
It looked like they just raised the suspension an inch for clearance

·
Registered
244 Posts
More interior space but no off-road / adventure capability (you know, the 'sport' in 'sport utility vehicle'). So, I'm going with the "Mini Mini-Van" designation for the Model Y.

·
Registered
548 Posts
More interior space but no off-road / adventure capability (you know, the 'sport' in 'sport utility vehicle'). So, I'm going with the "Mini Mini-Van" designation for the Model Y.
It's a car with a hatchback

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts